Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

A Poem by liko-speaks

It happens like the rest of my love-stories. I envisioned a life with him so perfect, waiting for that very moment for us to meet again. I didn’t think he was my One True Love, but I knew I loved him from the very first moment he introduced himself to me. See, guys don’t stare, smile… or even try to get to know me. I’m a different soul, and he knew it. His smile was magnetic. His eyes were blue, and deep down, I could tell he wasn’t really who he showed himself to be. I knew he was a soft person, longing for authentic love. Longing for a relationship with someone whom he could bond on an entirely different level with. My soul smiles at the thought of that. Things can change, and I have faith in that.

               I still cherish the memory of the night we met. I had no plans on meeting a guy, but I wanted a friend. He was there. Watching me from every corner of the club that was possible. I pretended I didn’t see. I threw in a couple of smiles, not planning on anything else to happen. I ignored him, and when I got bored of watching drunk people dance, I’d check to see where he was. I loved the attention. The affection I craved from anonymous souls and different faces I didn’t see everyday. I wanted to be admired. From the unsober people who wouldn’t be able to remember a single thing they had said but the time they woke up the next morning. I didn’t admire myself that much. The smell of alcohol and men-cologne disgusted me. But I took the smell in, almost fainting from every inhale. Feeling drunk, even though I’ve never experienced the feeling, I told myself this wasn’t the place to be. But I was there.

               Every word he said, he thought on it. Hesitating to say something new, I tried to make him comfortable. But how? When I, myself felt uncomfortable in the scenery. He even knew it. Sensing that he wanted to kiss me, I didn’t do it. But I felt like I should. Thinking of my morals, But also thinking of life, and how badly I ached to experience every pain, every joy, every rhythm of love, vibes. I didn’t want to be blocked off. His touch made me feel alive, and all of the deep eye contacts he made with me made me uncomfortable, but I continued. Those deep blue eyes weren’t used to me, and I wasn’t used to the beauty of them. How could they have spotted me in a room full of drunk faces, unsober smiles and high smiles? Was it because I was sober? Sticking out like a sore thumb? Did he know that I was an innocent soul and I wasn’t supposed to be there? I still think he wanted to take advantage of me, but proceeded in such a beautiful way, he made my heart swell up with pride. I’d never been admired this much by a man. It made me feel good, because I’ve learned that I shouldn’t give my soul, my heart, my all to a man. They are careless. Unafraid to lose, or hurt anything. It’s just the way they are.

© 2016 liko-speaks


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016
Tags: love, one night stands, seperation, romance, lust

Author

liko-speaks
liko-speaks

Chicago, IL



About
18, wanderer, world-traveler, old-soul, love and peace more..

Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by liko-speaks