Waiting

Waiting

A Story by Faith

I waited for you by the river's edge this morning, in that special place we always meet. It was early when I went there; the mist was still shrouding everything like a ghostly embrace. I remember this well, because it hindered my vision as I waited and looked for you. 
You never came.
I wear the locket you gave me; I always do. I touch it when I'm lonely or sad, which is often. Sometimes I pretend that it is your hand and that if I close my eyes and focus hard enough, maybe you will touch me back. 
You never do.
I keep our photograph inside the locket, our favorite one that we took together shortly after we met. I love your smile, so genuine and infectious, just seeing it makes me smile. I miss you smiling back at me. I miss seeing your smile when your gaze fell upon me, how happy you looked . . . How happy I felt. I wish that we could be that happy again.
I will never be happy again.
I knew this in my heart, that morning by the river . . . That morning you never came. I knew our love was breaking and I knew my heart would never be the same. You were a thief; thief of my heart, thief of my soul, and I wanted you to take every inch of me. 
You threw it away.
I waited for you by the river's edge, longing for your kiss, but as time went by and you did not come, the only kiss I would feel was that of the mist upon my skin . . . The cold, cold mist upon my skin. 
I still have the locket. You still have my heart. I still love you. You love me not. My pain is endless. You don't even know. You will never know, not because I won't tell you or because you don't understand, but because you left without saying goodbye. 
I cry every night and the pain is no less. Every day I go wait for you by the river's edge, wasting away under your curse. The curse of your absence, the absence of my heart. 

© 2016 Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2016

Author

Faith
Faith

About
I am the one that no one sees… Sitting at the corner table of the café. I find safety in shadows, in hiding from the world. Here… In the dark… No one can hurt me. Sometimes.. more..

Writing
Immortal Immortal

A Story by Faith


dead. dead.

A Story by Faith


The Fallen The Fallen

A Poem by Faith