We the People

We the People

A Poem by Ana Day
"

Human instincts are a thing of the past, we have forecome to our own failures.

"
We as people revolve ourselves around the idea of fear, knowing that fear can make any person do something that they never thought they would do. The so called innocent people get away with using pity as a cover up, fake liars. But honestly is anyone really innocent, we all get compelled to do things that we are not proud of in the end, sad thing is most of us if we had a second chance to go back and fix it wouldn't. I mean I sure as hell wouldn't, but that's just me. We all have to much pride in how far we have come in life and in our new technologies. Our pride has left our world to result in mass chaos, our young growing up thinking that killing and doing whatever the hell you want is alright. It's sad to say we as so called humans have lost our humanity, we have lost ourselves. Now people refuse to unite as one to fix what our ancestors fucked up for us in the beginning. We always get promised time after time, war after war that the world will be a better happier place, but I fear that we are starting to forget who we are, and how far we've come to get here. Our minds are diseased and entrapped in the idea that if we keep doing what we are doing it'll only get better from there and we are one step closer to peace. That's why we as people allow it an I allowed myself to go down that dark path, I haven't got anywhere closer to peace. i pray someday I do, because in the end we all die,none of us can prevent the inevitable. When something bad happens we either have a fight or flight reaction and in that instance we decide what fate lies ahead for us, and that's where it all begins. 

© 2019 Ana Day


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on January 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 23, 2019