Political Poetry

Political Poetry

A Poem by Donald Meikle
"

Solutions are usually all wet

"

I guess it's time for me to say to all America.

We are in debt and it is time to cut spending.

This does not mean it is time to argue how.

What it means is We Need to decide what percentage we cut.

Almost 2% is ridiculous and yet you argue over it incessantly..


Let me simplify your problem for you

Cut every check paid out including all salaries and benefits for EVERYONE

You have managed to put everyone in debt and EVERYONE OF US OWES

Pick a percentage of cut (I would suggest 25%)

And yes I mean every check to every part of government including Social Security Checks.   You have put them in debt too

Make everyone    pay by reducing their money by the same percentage as everyone else.

Then the enormity of your crime will be exposed for what it is

YOU HAVE  FAILED US MISERABLY

and we all must pay our share of your debt

© 2011 Donald Meikle


Author's Note

Donald Meikle
Hello?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

read the same kind of poetic rant the other day about Great Britain's debt . . .

Posted 12 Years Ago


25% of someone's social security check is a whole lot different than 25% of a check going to oil companies. penalizing everyone 'equally' is not equal in the least. the oil company won't have to go hungry. or not be able to pay rent. or not be able to get the medicines that keep them alive. to use a quote from the Bible....."to whom much is given, much shall be required."

Posted 12 Years Ago


someone with a solution instead of just a rant. Bravo!

Posted 12 Years Ago


First fix would be to cut the 2.1 billion for the House Representative and Senator. to live on. Second step would be to stop the huge pensions for retire Senators and House Rep. Third step stop spending half our taxes on war. Do you know the USA spend more then the next 40 countries together on war and military. This is fact. Go to USA budget and you will not be happy were our money is going. We paid 465 billion to contractors for war in 2009. Put Coyote in charge. Real thief are the men in Washington. I will balance the budget very quickly. When you look at the budget. One part is very sad. The USA spend 90 billion on taking care of WW2, WW1 and korean war/Vietnam Vets. War is costly. Our men and woman in combat will be a cost the USA for the next 50 year. There is profit being made. Look at the oil companies. The USA citizens did not mess up the budget. When President Clinton left the office. It was balanced. Between Bush and Obama the USA went to the latrine. Obama gave how much to banks and loan companies to re-loan at higher rates. If you research the open books of the USA. You will find a lot of waste. A powerful poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write, and could be written by a Brit, this or any other. Seems the bankers and accountants got it wrong and guess who's paying the price in most countries across the world .. aha, you know, i see the frown and nod from here.

Truly hope more people read this and make appropriate but hopefully, fairly polite comments!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I meant Britain but have Brighton on the brain!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes...........Great Brighton is being penalised with cuts, I've not had a pay rise in 5 years, yet everything else has gone up and VAT is through the roof, we have been failed, but our government doesn't take any reduction in pay!
WELL SAID!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011

Author

Donald Meikle
Donald Meikle

Halifax, MA



About
Liverpool born,USNavy vet. Enjoying first marriage. three daughters, (two bathrooms) one until they left. (a tree that loves me) Poet thru geneology) Scot Irish. Living in New England more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Its Okay Its Okay

A Poem by Moflo