He's a Special One

He's a Special One

A Poem by AriesGirl
"

This perfectly captures that feeling you have when you first meet someone or first start dating someone. Unfortunately in the case of this relationship the honeymoon period was quite fleeting for me.

"

What color are his eyes? I honestly don't know. Green I suppose. Maybe blue. All that matters is that they are the most gorgeous eyes I've seen. I could get lost in them, which is perhaps my new greatest weakness. And his hair is a sandy shade that sometimes seems a little reddish, sometimes more brown, which is also quite fine by me. And the way he looks at me makes me feel like the most gorgeous, wonderful girl alive. Ah he's attractive. His looks distract me like nothing else.

 

But the thing about him that really makes me crazy for him is the way he brings out happiness in others. When we are out and about wherever, he makes the cashiers and my family and just about everyone else so smiley and cheerful - God knows I wish that I was like that. To have that effect on people....he is my inspiration. And God also knows that that's exactly the way he made me feel that one day in August. I was a college freshman, scared and alone, and he was the only person that talked to me that day. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I realized I was falling for him. But being the shy girl I am I brushed it off as my new-girl-on-campus crush. We drifted and it hurt terribly. I never got over him. But then that fateful day in May, that day of misunderstandings, led me back to him. And now it's as if we've been together forever. I let him in on my secrets and my weaknesses -and maybe that will backfire, but it sure feels right to me. Not much more I can do but go on my feelings.

 

And I'd be lying if I said he didn't have somewhat of a "Past". But I'm not perfect and I have made mistakes, ones I regret an am not particularly proud of, and I think we are both older and wiser and all the better for it.

 

I know it won't be perfect. I know I'm still on a new-relationship-high. I know I fall too easily. Man do I fall too easily. And I'm easily hurt and believe me it scares the crap outta me. But this guy makes me happy. And I think I deserve that with what I've been through. And he deserves happiness after what he's been through. And I pray each day that that peace and joy is never taken from either of us.


I know this is personal. I know I talk about myself too much. I just love to share my happiness. And I need to release my strong feelings onto paper or screen or what have you. He will probably never hear these kinds of words from me. I'm just too shy and reserved. I just wish he could know how I feel. I really hope he knows how lucky and proud I feel to call him mine. Ah he's a special one.

© 2017 AriesGirl


Author's Note

AriesGirl
I've been told int he past that this poem/essay is too sweet and saccharine, and I'm curious as to what people on here think. I've long considered this one of my more special pieces, so I am biased towards it. It's 100% from the heart so there's that to consider. I also wondered if anyone had any advice for style/layout improvements. Hope you enjoy reading it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

sounds like love to me,liked it

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AriesGirl

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much! Unfortunately this refers to a love situation that ended in heartbreak. But tha.. read more
 wordman

6 Years Ago

i hope so you`re welcome
I've gathered you've poured out your soul into this writing. It's like you were attempting open all that you feel. I think that's what writing is all about. Leaving a big piece of ourselves into what we write. You have done just that. Wonderful!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dwayne J. Keeves

6 Years Ago

I actually felt your passion being poured out. Almost like unto a cry for help. But, perhaps more so.. read more
AriesGirl

6 Years Ago

How true that is. I always make it my goal to be there to care for and listen to others, and I suppo.. read more
Dwayne J. Keeves

6 Years Ago

Amen... Keep up the great spirit.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017
Tags: love, relationships, dating, romance, poem, essay

Author

AriesGirl
AriesGirl

About
Love reading, writing, and music. 25. Midwesterner. Freelance Writer by day, creative daydreamer by night. I mostly write about my real life feelings and experiences. I would love to branch out int.. more..

Writing
April 2017 April 2017

A Story by AriesGirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..