Not The Best Poet

Not The Best Poet

A Poem by AriesGirl
"

This one's probably weird. This is basically an imaginary conversation to my love who doesn't know he's my love. Once again. Enjoy or criticize as you wish :)

"
I'm not the best poet. You may be just that.
I'm not the most talented, outgoing or exciting person. You are.
I'm probably not anyone you would be interested in. You meet all of my qualifications.
You might not know I exist. The thought of you colors my daily existence.
If you have any memory of me, it is fleetingly insignificant.
...My small memories of you take up an unhealthily large part of my heart and my mind.
You live more 3,000 miles away. Closer to 4,000 if I want to admit it to myself.
I don't even know you beyond a couple of exchanged words.
And yet, you consume me. My heart and mind changed forever when I saw your face and heard your voice.
No one makes me laugh like you or think like you or cry like you. And that means so much and I wish I could tell you.
And when I had the chance to tell you how special you are and how strongly you affect me? I said next to nothing. 
I believe "Oh" was the most profound thing I said.
I had you there IN MY ARMS and I said NOTHING. Not a word. Not "Thank you for existing and being a light in a dark world." Not "Thank you for being YOU." I smiled and you went on your way. 
And what would I expect you to do? 
At that point you probably didn't even know why you bothered being nice to me in the first place.
I'm sorry, and if I ever get another chance, I will be sure to let you know what a special and unique being you truly are. Or so I say.
I never say what's on my mind. You do and it's art.

© 2018 AriesGirl


Author's Note

AriesGirl
I'm not worrying about structure so much with this poem, but let me know if you notice anything awful anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Imagine if one of your parents felt the same way as you did and never took a chance. then you would have to do some Back to the Future nagic and try to get them together.
I think you were very creative creating anxiety about expressing your emotions to that certain someone.
I think we all understand this story very well. well done

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AriesGirl

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtfulness. I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed this.



Reviews

Imagine if one of your parents felt the same way as you did and never took a chance. then you would have to do some Back to the Future nagic and try to get them together.
I think you were very creative creating anxiety about expressing your emotions to that certain someone.
I think we all understand this story very well. well done

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AriesGirl

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtfulness. I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed this.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2018
Last Updated on July 21, 2018
Tags: love, crush, crushes, feelings, emotions, poems, poetry, singers, essays, nonfiction

Author

AriesGirl
AriesGirl

About
Love reading, writing, and music. 25. Midwesterner. Freelance Writer by day, creative daydreamer by night. I mostly write about my real life feelings and experiences. I would love to branch out int.. more..

Writing
April 2017 April 2017

A Story by AriesGirl