Paint your face.

Paint your face.

A Story by atlas_lives
"

Realizations.

"

I was young. I was stupid. I thought that the only way to get close to someone was to let them have their way with me. The only thing I got close to was crying. Tears are always constant, hidden, until I am alone. But the thing is I am always alone. The dark cloud never really seems to go away. I smile. I laugh. I have fun. I drink. But there are tears. I can’t make them go away. It’s hard to feel like this. I think that’s the reason I am the way I am. Wreckless. Naively happy. A w***e. I just want to feel. Feel what’s missing. No one knows that I feel like this. They can’t. I don’t let them. To them I am Lindsay. A girl who has some deep past they shouldn’t bring up. Because if they do, then Lindsay might not be Lindsay anymore. But thing is, Lindsay hasn’t been Lindsay in a really long time. She’s been a make-up. A natural, red lipped beauty, who never goes out with out her foundation. A cover-up. It’s only the tears that begin to streak it, exposing her for who she really is�"how she really feels. Making her vulnerable. But no one ever sees that, because she’s Lindsay. A girl everyone knows. 

© 2015 atlas_lives


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very touching. I really felt Lindsays sadness. It's so hard putting on a false front all the time and pretending everything is alright when it's not. Sometimes all those bottled up feelings need an outlet.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015
Tags: realizations, make-up, vulnerable, sad