chapter one of Amethyst's incredible journey

chapter one of Amethyst's incredible journey

A Story by Lisa Bland
"

A fantasy book about a witch who wants to stop her evil parents from taking over the magical realm

"
.CHAPTER ONE
Amethyst was a beautiful witch with long red curly hair that lead down to her bum, deep blue eyes, pale skin and had a crocked smile. Having lived in the biggest mansion built across three large oak trees. Their were stairs made from the branches of the trees wrapping around the three trees leading up to a massive oak door. The door had beautiful green leaves scattered around the edge. The walls surounding the door was magicaly created from the wood of the trees and stone combined in an amazing pattern displicting images of the beautiful city of Forest Falls. Amethyst lived with her parents Andrew and Gerogina Shadow. Andrew a tall handsome man with short black spicky hair, blue eyes with pale skin. Having a terrifing upbringing he had rebelled and was now incharge of Forest Falls the city they lived in. Georgina had long red curly hair, hazel eyes slightly olive skin, worked in a couple of days a week in a book shop that was her parents and helped Andrew with keeping the people of the city of Forest Falls under control. Loving nature Amethyst often spent time in her back garden surrounded by the beautiful flowers and animals that came in the garden. Sitting in the garden stroking a unicorn that had wondered out of the forest at the bottom of the garden, jumped as she heard her dad shouting at her mum that he was going to kill everyone that disobayed him even if they were a kid. Sighing because she didn't like that her dad killed people. Curious to hear more, slowley walking up to the back door and quietley opening the door trying to listen to what her parents were arguing about. Over hearing her mum threating to leave her dad if he killed another child again, telling him that children only know what they were taught. Suddenley her dad came through to the kitchen where the back door was and shouted at Amethyst to get to her room. Annoyed but unwilling to disobay her dad she went straight up to her bedroom.

Sitting in her bedroom cuddled up with her favorate multicolored salamander soft toy which she loved although she was a bit old for a soft toy, and fiddling with the edge of her red and white stripped duvet, surrounded by her red walls. Upset that her dad had obviousley killed a child she started thinking about the stories she had been told as a kid about her dad and her mum. Remembering the story of her dad losing his temper and killing for the first time seemed to rise to the surface.
Amethyst remembered her dad telling her the story of how he was rushing home from college. Having been hit all his life when ever he had done anything his dad didn't like. How he knew he was going to get hit again everytime he got home slightly late. One night when he was running home all the times his dad had hit him while his mum watched flashed through his mind and how much he hated his parents controlling his every move. It didn't take him long to get home slowly reaching for the door handle, dreading how bad of a beating he wasn’t going to get he knew their was no way he could take anymore. Walking slowley up the pathway to his home, opening the door slowley and peering in, he couldn't see his dad and so quickley opened the door the rest of the way. Unfortunitly his dad ethan was waiting behind the door. Ethan grabbed him by the collar and punched him in the face reapetedly while yelling at him for being late. Angry and hurt he managed to push himself away from his dad and ran upstairs with his dad close behind. Desperate to get to his room he ran as fast as he could physicaly shaking with fear and trying not to stumble he reached his room. Rushing in his room he tried to push his door shut but his dad managed to force his way through. Scared Andrew had to try and duck as another fist came hurtling towards him, unfortunately his dads fist connected with him repeatedly. Finally stumbling to his feet and dodging his dads fist, he looked his dad in the eye and told him that it was the last time, looking his dad in the eye he said “dad you’ve hit me for the final time, may the beatings you have given me return to you at once and kill you” . Standing there watching his dad screaming in pain as bruises appeared all over his body, he had a sinister smile on his face as the live finally left his dads eyes. Having enjoyed watching his dad die Andrew went down stairs to the kitchen where his mum was stood at the sink washing the dishes. With an evil laugh he looked at his mum and said to her, “you let him hit me and you enjoyed seeing me being beaten so you will have the same fate. May you feel the pain that has been inflicted on me until it kills you” Standing there watching his mum screaming as she slowly died he laughed and laughed.
Amethyst sighed as she recalled her dad saying how he thought of her mum and how he described her as a beautiful and inteligent red head who had beautiful eyes that always made her feel safe when she looked in to her hazel eyes. Remembering how her mum had been listening to her dad telling the story and smiled and then told her mum then told her how she wondered if her dads parents hadn't beaten him if he wouldn't have become so obbsessed with people having to agree with everything he says. Amethyst then thought about what her dad had said happend next. He had told her that years ago because he had fallen in love with her mum who was the rich girl, who had spent a lot of time in her parent’s book shop. That knowing what he had done, desperate to see her and explain what had happend. He rushed outside to his dads shed and grabbing his dads flying motorcycle keys off the rusty nail they were hung, he jumped on to the motorcycle and slowly turned the keys. He clung to the handle bars as he zoomed out of the shed, twisting the handle bars to make the motor bike go higher. When he was flying through the air. He watched the trees and admired the phoenixes flying next to him as he flew to the mansion. Amethyst remembered how her dad smiled as he said he saw her mum in the garden admiring the beautiful pink and purple flowers wrapping themselves around a lage blue wielder flower, and the little blue green and blue metalic hover bird hovering above the flower.
He flew the over to a open space of land and landed. Desperate to see her mum he rushed over to her and wrapped his arms around her while he explained to her that he couldn’t handle being hit again so he killed his parents. Stumbling back with shock and looking at him with a slightly scared expression she promised him that she would stand by him. Determined not to let anyone ever tell him what to do again Andrew started killing anyone that stood up to him. Loving him with all her heart she promised to stand by him no matter who he had killed, because her love for him was so strong.
Her mum then told her how after that he had Became power mad. That he created a special ring using the most powerful gem a blood red ruby. Amethyst's mum told her how her dad had cast a spell over the ring so that it would absorb over witches powers once he had killed them. Desperate to try his ring out he killed the first witch he came across that gave him a funny look.
Amethyst decided to lay down as she was tired. Amethyst still coudn't believe that her dad had killed an inocent child just because they had done something he didn't like. Angry she thought to herself that she wished she could tell him how much she hated what he was doing. Unfortunitley she knew that if she did he would lock her in the dungeon until she agreed with him. Knowing that she needed to stop her dad but had to wait until she was eighteen and became a full witch and could figure out how. Knowing she had to stop him soon she started running through the reasons she needed to stop her dad. Hoping there would be a clue in the past. Amethyst rembered her mum telling why she had the same ring as her dad when she was little and had asked why they had the same rings. Her dad told her that because he was Rapidly gaining power he decided to make her mum a ring like his. Loving her, and wanting it to be a surprise for her, he explained to Amethyst how he haf knelt down in front of her mum and pulled the ring out of his pocket and said in an excited voice “ I love you with all my heart I was hoping you would marry me”. Her mum then said that because she Loved him the way she did she was thrilled and accepted his proposal to marry him, and that with her accepting his marriage proposal he had jumped to his feet and swung his arms around her. He then kissed her gentley on the lips and then pulled away while looking at her with loving eyes. Happy that she had accepted his proposal he suggested that they should take over the mansion. Her mum then told her how shocked she was and that she stumbled backwards stunned by what he had just said and that Looking at him with a bewildered exlersion she had told him that she wasn’t going to kill her parents or let him kill them. Her mum had then said that her dad understood that she didn’t have the same resentment for her parents as he had for his, he said to her with an understanding tone to his voice he promised her that they could take over the mansion without killing them. He told her that taking over the mansion would be the best thing for them. After hours of persuading her, she finally agreed to the idea. Marching up to the mansion he called to her parents and demanded that they give him the mansion. Refusing to give in and unwilling to allow him to take over the mansion her dad Alistair told her dad Andrew in a stern voice that he may of scared other witches into doing what he wants but he wasn’t going to be one of them. Hating people disobeying him and looking at Georgina’s parents and said “you will not disobey me, I banish you to another realm and strip you of your magical powers”. Spinning around her parents suddenly disappeared. Her mum then told Amethyst how she had fallen to the ground crying and screamed out “why did you do that” Amethyst remembered how her mums tone would change to a genteler tone as she explained that her dad then Wrapped his arms around her while she tried shrugging him off he told her that it was for the best and that he would by her a baby dragon to make it up to her as he knew that she had always wanted a baby dragon.
then went downstairs for tea her parents had finished arguing. Sitting at the table she asked what they were having for tea. Her mum pulled out a tray from the oven and said that they had fish and abaia pie with vegtables. Amethyst noticed that her parents were still really mad at each other. Knowing it was best to stay out of her dads way when he was in mood, she went straight upto bed. Laying on her bed she thought about how her dad had told her that he Wanted to make sure that no one ever told him what to do again, and so he decided to take over the beautiful city of Forest Falls. Remembering how her dad had told her thst he had started working on a plan to take over the beautiful city. Loving Georgina and knowing she loved the beautiful trees and the waterfalls at each corner of the city, he didn’t want to ruin the city just get the other witches to obey him. Knowing how much you could control someone by fear he knew that fear was his best method for success.

© 2014 Lisa Bland


Author's Note

Lisa Bland
Would appreicate any comments. This is a rougth copie of first chapter would like to hear your opinions thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've not yet posted my writings yet but if I may share ideas try giving your characters a chance for direct speech

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014

Author

Lisa Bland
Lisa Bland

norwich, norfolk, United Kingdom



About
Hi im new to poetry and wanted to share what ive written and hope its good more..

Writing
diffrent diffrent

A Poem by Lisa Bland


lost lost

A Poem by Lisa Bland


cat cat

A Poem by Lisa Bland