Terminal Geodesics

Terminal Geodesics

A Poem by Davidgeo
"

"Black Hole Sun, won't ya come?"

"

"What sort of dream is that, Odin? I dreamed I rose up before dawn to clear up Val-hall for slain people. I aroused the Einheriar, bade them get up to strew the benches, clean the beer-cups, the valkyries to serve wine for the arrival of a prince."  Skáldskaparmál




Sail away with me; come sail away with me; fight with, for, or against me with honor;

'Till Valhalla!

Rocking violently encased in metal on heavy seas, still safe, peacefully so; like some kind of Zen Buddhist Nazi... (peaceful frustration). The journey might kill us. Though We still get to go. That's what it means to fight, 'till Valhalla!

Our pilot may doubt us but not in our endings; there is no room for doubt come our last day. Come Valhalla!

Crushingly optimistic he's our steam roller baby. He pilots because he has to, because we are finite, Because the premise of our story is that it Begins and Ends no matter who's doing the writing or The Dying or finding or lying or even The Killing. Our course is set;

 'Till Valhalla!

Forget the word mistaken at your own peril on the open waters. Mistaken, this is a world full of Peril. Still, it matters for naught at The end, not for us princely warriors. There is a place where all geodesics Collide, where you and I can finally embrace without Malice. For where we would have arrived is Valhalla!  Great hall of the dead, where wars leaves its warriors to dine among gods and forget they were men.

© 2016 Davidgeo


Author's Note

Davidgeo
Ending

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Without familiarity with either Norse mythology or black holes, I am still drawn in to the journey- this appeals to the warrior side of my nature, honor, questing, the way of loyalty among warriors who travel together. I am drawn to "there is a place where all geodesics collide, where you and I can finally embrace without malice." and to the beautiful culmination of our journey in the last line, a place where we dine among gods and forget we were men- there is such hope that comes from looking at our existence through the bigger picture of the cosmos, accepting we are just a small part of a greater unfolding. I also love your comments about event horizons and black holes in response to one review- this helps me to understand more of the poem's dramatic context. Well done, thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

Thanks for all them words you wrote me in that review you just left me. Thanks for them things.



Reviews

You offer an unusual and unique bend in the philosophy of poetry. I recall Odin in Norse mythology who hung for several days after he pierced himself so he could learn magic.

I felt a kinship with him after I wrote: I pierced the black violent veil of my soul..........

Interesting write,

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

'I felt a kinship with him after I wrote: I pierced the black violent veil of my soul.........."
read more
Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

'I felt a kinship with him after I wrote: I pierced the black violent veil of my soul.........."
read more
Without familiarity with either Norse mythology or black holes, I am still drawn in to the journey- this appeals to the warrior side of my nature, honor, questing, the way of loyalty among warriors who travel together. I am drawn to "there is a place where all geodesics collide, where you and I can finally embrace without malice." and to the beautiful culmination of our journey in the last line, a place where we dine among gods and forget we were men- there is such hope that comes from looking at our existence through the bigger picture of the cosmos, accepting we are just a small part of a greater unfolding. I also love your comments about event horizons and black holes in response to one review- this helps me to understand more of the poem's dramatic context. Well done, thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

7 Years Ago

Thanks for all them words you wrote me in that review you just left me. Thanks for them things.
I really enjoyed reading this as it is very interesting and it immediately pulled me in.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always been fascinated with both black holes and Norse mythology. Never seen them together on a page - a sinister mix. Only one of Loki's own would take on such a thing.
So many of us circle the event horizon - shadowed and stretched in to an echo existence, craving absolution or the void.
This poem would lend itself nicely to a longer work. A twisted novel perhaps.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

If there is an epilogue for this universe... beyond those event horizon's is where it lies. Beyond .. read more
And he's just scratching the surface? How many lifetimes for indepth? All of this makes me sit here (or there, or there or even there!) with this typically agape expression of how truly unintelligent I am. Thanks for the reminder. I forget so easily... Closed-observing black holes... or not.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

Being stupid just means we have more things to occupy our time with. I like not really knowing. Th.. read more
Barbara Walker

8 Years Ago

Sometimes, you make me giggle like a school girl. I just feel some joy bubbling up and I almost glan.. read more
Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

You may be in time... never envy the devil in public. It rarely ends well.
Time traveling pirates! Damn! Another Pirate poem! I'm trying to make a pirate story but you just keeping throwing this stuff at me! Yeah ill give you full marks. I know that's what you want dick. Lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

Odin remains dissatisfied.
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Imma go read a book...
Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

Watch the video on black holes and events in space time.... this one has a lot more to do with phys.. read more
I can say sublime can't I????

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

So I guess you could say.. forever is not a f*****g thing.
Elise Anton

8 Years Ago

Obviously not. Thus they leave no stuff at all, not even evidence of themselves... Today works thoug.. read more
Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

There is a place where no history escapes. Don't quote that, you may owe some money. Darling.
read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

959 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 26, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016

Author

Davidgeo
Davidgeo

Johnsburg, IL



About
David Gee Dave... more..

Writing
damned damned

A Poem by Davidgeo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bombs Away Bombs Away

A Poem by Davidgeo


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain