Photo Faces

Photo Faces

A Story by Hazel Pring
"

.

"
"1,2,3, now smile"…snap

That is the only photo I have of you. You never did like having your picture taken. Not a good thing when your best friend is a budding new photographer, but I never minded. It was enough having you next to me when I took the pictures; I never needed you to be in them. But that day, that photo. I couldn't not have you in it. I never liked staged photos but well sometime it's the only kind you can get.  You miss so much with a photo like that. Everyone (no matter what they say or how hard they try not to) can't help but put on what I call their 'photo faces' they only let the camera see the side of them they want to show. You can't know someone from a staged photo like that. Not the real them. You, I have to admit had the best photo face I've ever seen. Why? Well because it was just your face, no stupid smile, no stiff pose. You just stood there and grinned at me like you always did. Then after the flash you grabbed me round the waist and dragged me off to get the train home. I can't believe how long it's been since I looked at this, since I've reminisced about that summer. That summer when everything seemed possible and it looked as though nothing could get in our way.

© 2012 Hazel Pring


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this - knowing you personally I can just imagine you speaking this as if you were standing right in front of me. Your writing is, just as always, so so meaningful :)

oh and Howdy on here aswell :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hazel Pring

11 Years Ago

hehehe aww thanks i'm glad you think so i always find myself writing as i speak so i'm glad it has t.. read more
A very personal, intimate feel for
another.
This says more of the writer than
a book about self.
Excellent write.
---- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hazel Pring

11 Years Ago

thank you.
i thought it would be fine since i don't mention any names but you'r right it is v.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012