she gave it a chance

she gave it a chance

A Story by indianpaintbrushes
"

longing, emptyness

"
She sat at the window, looking at a single struggling flower. She had watched it day after day trying to grow in a place too dry and scorching hot to grow any life. For months she had watered and shielded the brave flower, but it had never bloomed, still she had taken care of it until it was pointless and there would never be any life or beauty coming from her hard work. So she stopped watering it, waiting to see it die, to wither and fall apart. The abusing and scorching rays of the sun would be too much. She sat at the window probing the hollowness in her chest, she had protected and shielded her heart and then tried to open up to the rain and sun which both nourished her,giving her happiness and dried her out and drowned her at the same time with the intensity of the love she gave and needed in return. she gave and gave and tried to open herself to the love she needed. Only there was no rain to counter her inner sun, the sun which shone with love, and yet started to burn so brightly that it was burning her out. the rain filled with love and affection, and yes attention even. she wasn't selfish but to be neglected was killing her, slowly until the rain wouldn't even save her, it was too late. she still sat at the window tears rolled down her cheeks, she got up and went outside, she grabbed the hose and turn it on, taking it over to the single flower and watered it gently so that maybe it would at least have a chance.

© 2011 indianpaintbrushes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's beautiful and quite moving. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2011

Author

indianpaintbrushes
indianpaintbrushes

the middle of nowhere US of A, KS



About
when i was little i would pick flowers for my mom and she loved that, they were always indian paintbrushes more..

Writing