Do the best or the worst

Do the best or the worst

A Story by Amina
"

A story about an angel named Gabriella and a devil , Erika who choose a human (Jake) to judge who is the best. In their battle, Jake is the victim of the mischievousness of these two.

"

Erika wondered for a moment, then grabbed one bottle, “Fine! “

Within seconds, she gulped the whole thing, and took another bottle, and another, and here she goes, and one last.

At the end of the 4th bottle, she could hardly stand and speak.  Jake stared at her, acting like some creepy child. He wondered how she was able to drink all this and not puke even a single time!

“How’s that...” he started. “Devils, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and weeds... I could get the Angel Express another good article. Ah... They just can’t resist this stuff. “Gabriella said as she smiled at  Jake.

“Why have you done that to her?” Jake asked, all confused and lost.

“Can you think of any solution to get rid of her and have a talk? If you have one, tell... I’ll get her sober all over again... Then you deal with her...” She replied back with a mischievous smile.

“I thought you were an angel not a mischievous elf...’’’Jake said as he looked at Gabriella, who was still having her mischievous smile on her face.

“Well, I can have some fun times too!” she replied, “I think my job’s done here. I better get going now.” She said as she started walking away.
“Hey!  Where are you going? Don’t you have something to tell me? Wait!’’ Jake exclaimed.

“I think you’ve seen too much for tonight. You better get going too, if you don’t want to reach office at noon.” And she disappeared.

Jake looked at the door, long after she was gone. What was he going to do with a drunken devil? He couldn’t let her here.
What to do? He thought to himself.

“They’ll truly get me crazy. Both of them!” he said.

As he was lost in his thoughts, the waiter came near him and asked if he could help.

“No thanks. I need to get this lady home.” He said with an anxious tone.

“Which lady, sir? “The waiter enquired.

“tha...t”  he  said as he pointed to Erika.

“Sir, I think you have been drinking way too much sir.. Should I call a taxi?” the waiter asked politely.

“Am not drunk! Can’t you see there’s a girl who’s totally drunk?” he retorted angrily.

“Sir, there’s no one...” the waiter said.

“Yes, there is... Can’t you see this girl in red and black?!’’ he shouted.

“Calm yourself sir. There is nobody but you, sitting at this table.” He replied.

“What the... CAN’T YOU SEE A GIRL TOTALLY DRUNK HERE!!!!!!” he yelled.

“I think you need some lemonade sir. Allow me.” Said the waiter as he left for the kitchen.

Why he can’t see her, he thought. Why?

As this thought ran in his mind, his mobile buzzed in his pocket.

Gabriella’s message:

21:45

She’s under a spell. Nobody can see her except you.
 Good night 
J .

 

As he read it, he got even more  angry. He’s been yelling like an idiot at the waiter for the past  few minutes. Now, the guy’s going to think he’s a lunatic.

On these words, the waiter popped in with a glass of lemonade and a cup full of ice. "Here you go Sir," he said to Jake , on serving him.

Poor Jake, he never felt so lost. His head was overloaded with the mischiefs of these girls. Thinking about it again, he grabbed the cup of ice and started crunching the cubes. Poor Jake...

 

Astonished, the waiter stared at Jake , acting like a zombie. Time was flying by, and soon , the clock sang . It was getting really late , and it was time for Jake to leave. As he glanced at the drunken devil , he felt sorry for himself . He watched her acting stupidly and mumbling some words, and he walked away.

 

And the night faded away...

 

---------------------

 

The next day started at the horrible sound of the alarm. Everything was still blurry in Jake's mind.

Drunk devil, mischievous angel and confused human. To sum it up, he was more confused than ever and wondered what the devil become. "I better stop thinking about it. They're both crazy and if I keep on paying attention to their stupidities, I'll end up in an asylum. " He said to himself as he walked out of the room.

"I am still wondering what will fall on me today ..." He murmured .

 

On these words, a loud knock was heard. It went louder and louder. Who could it be at this time, Jake thought.

The neighbourhood's asleep, and it's way too early to have the newspaper or the mail.

He walked to the door and opened the door . As he lifted his face, he noticed an angry face.

"What now!" Jake asked.

And instead of an answer, he received a severe punch which caused him to step aside.

"Gabriella are you crazy? What was that for?" He enquired.

"Where! Where is that stinky skunk!! I know she's here." She retorted angrily.

"Wha.... But there's no one here." He answered back.

"Don't you dare lying! I know she's around. I've seen her. " , came out to be her reply.

 

"WHERE ARE YOU!" She screamed as she headed towards the living room.

 

 

She walked angrily from one room to another, screaming like an insane, yet, no devil was found.  She then turned to Jake and asked : "did you leave the skunk at the restaurant?"

 "Yes, she was there.... I came home alone. " Came out to be his reply.

"But she is HERE! And she's snoring!!" She retorted. And she started searching again.

Was she mad, he thought.

"Stop saying stupidities about me, else I'll turn you in a grass hopper!" She shouted.

 

Poor Jake, unfortunately his day had a really bad start.

“I guess there could have been worse.” He sighed.

In the meantime, Gabriella screened the kitchen cupboards, and the refrigerator.

“Huh....where, where could she hide herself?  Where?” Gabriella said. As she walked in the living room,

She heard a sound similar to a bear’s grunts. Aha! She exclaimed. “There is she  ... hiding like a hibernating bear.” She murmured.

Walking on her tippy toes, she reached near an old painting of huntsmen being chased by a grizzly bear.

“She thinks she’s hot. Ha! Look at her now, she looks big mama. Hey Erika, get out of here.”

 

© 2015 Amina


Author's Note

Amina
some corrections need to be done. I wrote this when I was 14yrs old.
What are your impressions about this part of the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 6, 2015
Tags: Funny, angel vs devil

Author

Amina
Amina

Mauritius



About
Student, writer, and calligrapher. Writing has always been my favourite hobby. I enjoy writing short stories , and I am currently writing a story called "the paper girl" which I hope to publish. more..