March 23rd 2019

March 23rd 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a journal of Daily Life and Thoughts

"

Morning walked across the sky lazily, spraying an aroma of colors. Tiny dwarfs of the earth chanted melodies.

I thank God for this beautiful Saturday morn. God has blessed me with a beautiful wife and two gorgeous children. My son is autistic and I am praying to God for his healing. My daughter with her teen life could have gone into muddy waters, but thanks to God and the blessed counseling of spiritual brothers, she is in beautiful water and is happily pursuing a course in dental science.



I was intensely reading the Gospel of Mathew and I came upon some new discoveries. There was a youth who wanted to follow Jesus and said to Jesus: I have obeyed all your commands. Then Jesus said to him: sell all your riches and give it to the poor and the needy and then follow me. The youth went away distraught. Jesus said to his disciples it is more difficult for a man with riches to enter the kingdom of Heaven than for a Camel to enter the eye of a needle. I was awe-struck by this profound metaphor. Yes, Christ the Lord teaches in the Lord’s Prayer: ‘Father Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread’. It is virtually impossible for a man with riches to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I wonder how God will judge celebrity Evangelists who flaunt their wealth and are out to dupe the innocent. Is Christianity a way of making money? The answer is no! Is Christianity a way of making millions? Is it right for Christian evangelists to show off with flashy sport cars and private Jets which are luxurious? Are they emulating Christ who lived a simple life? Aren’t they being hypocrites!



When the little children came to Jesus, they were shooed away by the disciples. Jesus said bring the little ones to me. The Jesus said: whoever wants to enter the kingdom of heaven must be like little Children. Little Children as an idiom means, being morally pure. I was addicted to pornography and during that time I was far away from being a little child. It is hard for grownups to be little children.



Then I came across the amazing Parable of Jesus. An estate manager wanted to hide laborers for his vineyard. In the morning he went to the market and hired people and offered them wages. This he went in the afternoon and evening and did the same. When the labor was over: he distributed the same wages. The workers complained that this was unfair. The estate manager replied that the giving of wages is left to the discretion of the master. It means that an early bird and a late bird catches the worm equally. Christ does not discriminate between the early and the late comers.


The as I was reading the Gospel of Mathew, Jesus took some of his disciples and went on top of a hill and underwent transmogrification (change of form). Jesus changed his form into a divine body. Moses and Elijah were also with him. His body shone like the rays of the sun and his eyes twinkled with fire. There was a rainbow of a halo on his head. Transmogrification as idiom means having a spiritual character. Humans housed in the body of flesh find it difficult to be transmogrified. We have to develop the nature of transmogrification.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on March 23, 2019
Last Updated on March 23, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography Parable, Idiom, Epiphany, Gospel of ST Mathew, Camel and the Eye of a Needle, Transmogrification, Little Children

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing