Character Sketch

Character Sketch

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a Character Sketch

"

I met this known evangelist on the road. Very joyfully he called put to me: ‘son’. I said  bluntly: ‘I have no money’. He turned his back and walked away from me.



I have known this shady, nothing-good character very long in life. Actually he is my cousin. When he was in 10th grade, he became a drug addict and was hospitalized with medication. His father became fed up of him and desperately pleaded with my father to educate and cure him. My father was running a school and offered to help. Gradually my father weaned him off his medication and he used to have withdrawal symptoms. My father used to hug him and he was finally cured and wrote the exams and passed. Now well established: he visited me and asked how the school is doing? I said: it is doing well. He said: he will never send his son to my school as it is full pariahs (untouchables of India). I became aghast at his words. What a shallow remarkable character is he? He does not have even an iota of gratitude.

Idioms from Kerala


© 2019 anandbose


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on March 24, 2019
Last Updated on March 24, 2019
Tags: Flash Fiction, Drabble, Character Sketch

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing