March 31st 2019

March 31st 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a journal

"

Morn was a sweet lullaby of colors�"the sky became an art of painting�"petals danced in the sky singing Beethoven’s Sonata. I thank God for this beautiful morn and I feel so wonderfully blessed.

I was reading into the Gospel of Mathew and I was able to finish reading. The Crucifixion made me said. He came to his own and his own did not recognize him. I quote Christ’s words: ELOI ELOI LAMA SABCHITNAI: why Oh God have you forsaken me?



For many years I have lived like the Prodigal Son and I returned back to the father and he has embraced me with joy.



I am recollecting my days when I lived in a Catholic asylum. I was into heavy boozing. Then I got drunk at the airport and I got arrested by the Police. They pulled my finger so hard that the steel implant in it displaced. I was in great pain. Next morning they released me and I called up my wife and she took me hospital and I had no clue as to what was happening. I was given an injection and I passed out. It is only when morning came, I realized that I was in an asylum. The male nurses there were brutal and used to beat me and used foul language. Catholics are cruel b******s.



Narratives about Art



I would like to analyze Dali’s painting: The Persistence of Memory. In it clocks are melting and are placed on embryos. Surrealism is an art that mingles fantasy with reality. The embryo is symbolic of Oedipal Narcissism. The melting clocks are symbolic are symbols of consciousness. They are also the symbolic of individuals who want to live cozily and comfortably.



Next I would like to take Gauguin’s Painting watching the dead. The girl is sexually fecund and the ghost is symbolic of sexual seduction.



There’s a painting of Delvaux called the Call of the Night. Dried up leaves are Symbolic of sexual bareness. There’s a woman who’s face and head are covered. Then there’s a woman standing outside a cave. This could possibly represent sexual initiation.




Next I would like to introduce Picasso’s paintings the Guernica and the W****s of Avignon. The w****s of Avignon reveal that Picasso is a child of oedipal narcissism. The violent distortion of the bodies may be a representation of male chauvinism.    Do you notice that Guernica is laden with animal figures bearing incongruous faces and this possibly shows the violence of the terror that was used.



Next I would like to show Rodin’s Thinker a celebrated piece of sculpture. Rodin’s sculpture: The Thinker is a symbol of aggressive masculinity.  The Thinker is viciously analytical. Notice how the body is stiff.



Next I would like interpret Van Gogh’s painting the Sower. The sower has its origins in the New Testament. The bright smudges of colors are reminiscent of mind that wants to paint the unconventional.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on March 31, 2019
Last Updated on March 31, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography art, aesthetics

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing