April 6th 2019

April 6th 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a Journal

"

I spent time reading the Gospel of Mark. New thoughts emanated for me. I love to listen to the voice of God. He fills my mind with self confidence. In this journal I would like idiomatize all what I have read. I thank God Jehovah Jesus for blessing me.



Herod

We all know that it was King Herod who ordered the execution of John on the pretext of Herodias asking for John’s head. As an Idiom Herod means a tyrant. The Nazi rule was a Herod in the making. Stalin was a communist Herod. Democracy weeds out Herod.



Herodias

Herodias was niece of Herod with whom he had an adulterous relationship. As an idiom it means committing adultery. Committing Herodias is a sin. Lord Christ Jehovah forgive me for being a Herodias.



 Galilee

Galilee is a famous place where Jesus spoke about the Kingdom of God. As an idiom Galilee means a great preacher. Ravi Zacharias the Christian apologist is a Galilee.



Ephphatha

Ephphatha (be opened) refers to the miracle of the opening of eyes done by Jesus. Ephphatha as an idiom means getting something sanctioned. My bank loan was Ephphathed.



Dogs Get Scraps

 This is an incident where a woman accosts Jesus to heal her daughter. Jesus said to her: first come: first served. Then the woman replied: even the dogs get scraps. Moved by her faith, Jesus healed her daughter.  Dogs get scraps a piece of luck coming to one’s life.  Today I am going to be the Dog that gets scraps.



Bartimaeus

 Bartimaeus a blind man was sitting on the streets begging and when Jesus appeared: he shouted loudly: ‘son of David heal me’. Jesus moved out of compassion, healed him. Bartimaeus is an idiom for something lucky happening. Oh God Jehovah Jesus when will a Bartimaeus happen in my life?



Hang out for thieves

We know the story where the people who desecrated the temple were punished by Jesus and were thrown out of the temple. Hang out for thieves means desecrating something that’s holy. Salman Rushdie’s novel: The Satanic Verses is a den of

 thieves.



Reply of Jesus

The Pharisees questioned Jesus about his credentials and under whose banner is her preaching and healing people. Then Jesus said to them first answer my question: who authorized John to baptize me? The Pharisees realized that if they told the people, they would become shame faced and if they told God, they would give the benefit of doubt to Jesus. Reply of Jesus as an Idiom means giving a wise reply.  To the interview panel he gave a reply of Jesus.

 

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 6, 2019
Last Updated on April 6, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography Bible, Christianity, Herod, Herodias, Reply of Jesus, Barftimaeuz

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing