Analysis of Orwell's 1984

Analysis of Orwell's 1984

A Story by anandbose
"

It's an analysis of Orwell's 1984

"

George Orwell the Nobel Laureate is famous for his novels like ‘Animal Farm’ and 1984. Most of the novels of Orwell are dissolving the sugar and spice of Communist Regimes. His writing has fertilized us with the imagination that a communist idol is a fish gone stale.



The protagonist of the Novel is Winston is a bored lethargic character. All his life, his inner consciousness, he exhibits frustration with the Communist regime. The country portrayed in the Novel is a hidden allegory portraying the dead USSR. All the ministries are under the control of the Communist party.


Orwell satirizes the entertainment industry. The industry propagandizes State Ideals.  It shows democratic ideals are decadent and defunct. The industry is a thorough brain washing of personal likes and shifts people’s attitudes and consumerism into propagandizm. 

  

The Novel 1984 describes a situation whereby anyone not loyal to the State gets punished to death. There’s no freedom to cast opinions.  Communism is a beast that Stalinizes and Armageddonizes freedom.


 

The protagonist Winston is portrayed as slave who is trapped in the fangs of communism and yet wanting to break free. Government offices are bureaus of a monster wanting to desecrate life.



The slogans of the party: Freedom is Slavery: War is peace: Ignorance is Strength are oxymorons satireizing the autocracy of the Communist junta. All theses slogans point out a psychological narcissism, a mirror stage of Lacan, a gaze of a Private-is-a �"Public �"business and pigmyfies individual into a   morass of mental poverty. The people of the communist country are regimented automatons.


The Communist Party tyrannizes consumerism.  The shops are owned by the government and many a time they are unable to supply things needed by the public.


There’s no freedom to think and explore thoughts. Out of two citizens one is a spy and belongs to the secret police. It’s an irony that there’s no family relationship and in a family the wife or the husband can betray you.  


The protagonist Winston is nostalgic of Catherine from whom he was separated for 17 years. Winston is a creative intellectual trapped in the gulag of Communism and he expresses his freedom writing journals.


The novel describes the purges carried out by Stalin. Stalinization is the killing of innocents for the sake of ideology.

The Communist Party uses subversive tactics to demoralize and dethrone the earlier regimes and tries to promote Communism as a God. The wretch of ideology plays with information and seduces individuals into myopia of becoming.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on April 10, 2019
Last Updated on April 10, 2019
Tags: Orwell, 1984, Literary analysis, Literature

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing