April 15th 2019

April 15th 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a Journal

"

The morning crescendoed into a beautiful song. Fairies of sky danced in the pulchritude of delight. The sky rose with a lot of passion. Bright and sunny I love the day. I thank God Jehovah Jesus for all the blessings he has given to me.



I was reading the Gospel of Luke and I have thought it is memorable.



What is the Kingdom of God? On earth it means social justice and equality and with respect to heaven it means eternal life with the savior.



 Parable of the Unjust Judge

Jesus told this parable. There was a widow who asked an unjust judge to give her a verdict of Justice. For a long time, he ignored her pleas. But the widow kept on pleading. And finally the judge yielded her requests. What does this parable mean? If we a have wish, we should be persistent in prayer. As an Idiom unjust Judge means a prayer answered. Lord Jehovah Jesus be the Unjust Judge when I am praying.



Lazarus and the Rich Man

Once there was a rich man and a poor man called Lazarus. Lazarus used to sit outside the Rich man’s house and beg for food.  When they died: Lazarus was taken to heaven and the rich man was taken to hell. Lazarus was in the presence of Abraham. The rich man pleaded to God, at least give me a drop of water to quench my thirst and also tell my brothers on earth. But God replied for your brothers you have the scripture and Prophet Moses. Lazarus as an idiom means emerging comfortably and victorially after a period of misfortune and stagnation.



The Prodigal Son

The Prodigal Son is a famous parable in the Bible. Once a wealthy man had two sons. The younger one asked the father for his share and the father yielded and the son lived in profligacy. When the money was all over he had to beg for food. The younger son went back to the father and said: ‘please let be at least be your servant’. The father welcomed him with open arms and cooked a fattened heifer for him. Yes, many a time, I have been a prodigal son. I have a loving father who overlooks my faults and I worship and adore him.



Banquet

The banquet also is a very famous Biblical Parable. Once a wealthy man held a banquet and called out guests. The guests said they were busy and had no time to come. The master than asked his servants to call the sinners, the poor the down trodden. The master gave them a sumptuous feast. The Banquet as an Idiom means blessings given God. I am so happy that God has given me a banquet. God, make all my days a banquet.



Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus was a collector. When he heard that Jesus was coming, he being short climbed on the Sycamore Tree. And when Jesus walked by, Jesus said:  ‘Zacchaeus come down; I am coming to your house for tea’. Zacchaeus repented and said he will give all the surplus of money that has collected to the poor.  As an Idiom Zacchaeus is an idiom means, doing someone a good term. We should practice being a Zacchaeus in our life. Mother Teresa was a Zacchaeus for the homeless and the poor.

  

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on April 15, 2019
Last Updated on April 15, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography, Bible, Christianity, Idioms, Parable

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing