April 17th 2019

April 17th 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a Journal

"

It was an ordinary day I was reading the autobiography of the world renowned poetess from Kerala Kamala Das. Remarkable are her eloquent words. Her child memories and her coming to sexual maturity are mixed in the font of narrative epiphanies. She did not know the meaning intercourse till her marriage.



I am writing another novel and I am adding bits and pieces of it in my blog. Sometimes you come across occasion when you are stuck for words. Thankfully I have not had the writer’s block so far.



I have had no luck at the windfall and my money position and my purse are empty. I hope God will tide this over and put wings of flight in my purse. But I am in the habit of thinking positively and I have come across an idiom: Rob a Bank. Rob A Bank as an Idiom means accumulating a large sum of money through a windfall. There’s a UAE lottery for a whooping 15 Million and I hope God will give me the grace to buy the tickets. The draw is on May the third. Yes, I want to travel all over the world, see people, Places, taste cuisines and write about it all. Yes my God Jehovah Jesus is not an idol and he will answer all my prayers.



With regard to my writing I am imitating the styles of writing of various periods. For example my narrative: ‘Valley of Sin’ is based on the famous novel Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. I am using various types of literary devices like Allusions, Parable, Puns, Idioms and Figures of Speech. I am very much fond of the narrative devices like the pastiche and the lampoon. So far I have written only novelettes and I hope this time I will be able to bring out a novel. I ask my God Jehovah Jesus to fertilize my mind with winds of imagination. The highest form of the novel is pure art and it rests on Philosophical Fiction a genre I have coined. A novel should adorn the sea of the mind, the inner talking of consciousness. A novel should paint pictures with tropes. Character is the adornment of the soul. Plots are bringing out mysteries. A novel should narrate older texts with the language of inter-textuality. A novel is a vast sea of becoming. Time in the novel is of two types: Narrative time and symbolic time. Narrative time is the inner time like streams of consciousness and symbolic time is external time. What is character in the novel? Character is the resonance of the soul. How can the mystery of the plot be introduced? There are two types of plots a symbolic plot where the readers know the mystery and characters are kept hidden. There’s also another plot called the revealed plot where the reader has to keep on guessing as to what will happen. A philosophical novel can also be epistolary, that is writing the daily life of the author. In the traditional novel there are only two types Buildungsroman and the Kunstlerroman. And these two types Buildungsroman (the stage of novelist recording biography) and Kunstlrroman (the aesthetic development of the novelist) are very narrow terms to describe a novel. A matured explanation is the Novel is a work of art.

 

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on April 17, 2019
Last Updated on April 17, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography, Bible, Christianity, Rob a bank, Kunstlerroman, Buildungsroman

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing