Exploring the contours of Psalms

Exploring the contours of Psalms

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a thematic explanation of Psalms

"

The Psalms are a fundamental part of Biblical Literature. Here I would like to make the content of psalms into a thematic explanation.

First of all they express glory, devotion, praise, honor and worship of God�"Jehovah Jesus. What is glory? Glory means something fascinating admirable. We look upon the divine nature of Christ and worship him with our soul and spirit. Glory is embedded in the trinity. The Psalmist King David pays homage to God using his harp. Glory is a characteristic that points out to a divine nature of Christ. What is devotion? It is the love of God, a gift sanctioned by him to love him above all other things. What does devotion mean? Devotion means being attached to Christ. Attached means we are steadfastly obeying the commands of God and we have to offer him prayer as a homage. What does Praise mean? Praising him means offering him a homage in prayer. We accept the divinity of Christ, we acknowledge his infinite love and we are always in a state of thanking him. What does honor mean? It means basking in on the virtuous qualities of God. God says: I am that I am and we have the responsibility to honor him. We have to worship God Jehovah Jesus because he is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. We have to pay him our deepest homage. We are indebted to him for his unfailing love and we have to worship him because he gives us grace and mercy to live our life on earth.

Next the Psalms are offerings made by the Israelites to become victorious while fighting battles. We all know that Israel is a nation that was constantly facing threats from marauders. The psalmist, kind David is oppressed by Saul and he pleads with God to save him from his enemy. God has always been a protector of Israel while waging battles. He was Israel’s stronghold. He is a rock making the Israelites courageous in war.

Next the Psalms are verses written for the well being and celebration of life.  The psalms reflect man’s desire to be endowed with the goodness of life. Life is acknowledged as privileged gift of God�" Jehovah Jesus. Man’s life and hope is embedded with Christ the God.

Next the psalms address being free from and the healing of diseases. God is the master physician who can heal any disease. The psalmist prays to God for quick healing and being disease free. 

 

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on May 15, 2019
Last Updated on May 15, 2019
Tags: Bible, Christianity, Psalms, Exegesis

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing