Compilation of New Idioms,

Compilation of New Idioms,

A Story by anandbose
"

These are a collection of new idioms,

"

Out to Make a Fast Buck

Out to make a fast buck as an idiom means exploiting someone financially. When it comes to money matters he is a fast buck.

Butterfly

Butter fly was an idiom means being very happy. If I win a jackpot bumper, I will be a butterfly.

Covered with snow

Covered with snow means, encountering a problematic situation. In my life I don’t want to be covered with snow.

Ice

 

Ice means a cadaver. The ice was kept in the morgue.

Cut it Open

Cut it open as an idiom means examining the feelings of a person. Let me cut it open. I don’t like anybody cutting me open.

Tree of Knowledge

Tree of knowledge stands for a conspiracy. The writing and the logo of the 1$ Bill is a tree of knowledge.

Good Weather

Good weather represents a happy and pleasant life. Dear God, how I long for a life of good weather. Oh God Jehovah Jesus may my life from today onwards be one of good weather.

Pestilence

Pestilence means to have troubles and worries in life. I don’t want my life to be one of pestilences.

Tongue of the Serpent

Tongue of the serpent means to speak falsely. I don’t indulge with the tongue of the serpent.

Flight of Birds

Flight of Birds represents a huge windfall gain. Oh Dear God Jehovah Jesus may I have the flight of birds tomorrow.

Green

Green stands for being wealthy. Oh God, let be green on this earth.

Blessing as an idiom means a life of joy. Oh God, let my life be a blessing.

Bloom

Bloom means to have an orgasm. I bloomed in her.

Kangaroo’s puch

Kangaroo’s pouch as an idiom means to take bribes.  The corrupt official takes the kangaroo’s pouch.

Dry Fruits

Dry fruit represents something lucky to happen after waiting for a long period of time. I hope a dry fruit will happen to me as soon as possible.

Climbing Ladders

Climbing ladders shows a person with optimism. In my walk of life I am climbing ladders.

Bracelet

Bracelet means a beautiful woman. Princess Diana was a bracelet.

On the Roof

On the roof stands for a lucky phase in one’s life. Yes my days will be transformed into standing on the roof.

On fire

On fire means to have a troubled mind. I don’t wish my life to be on fire.

Shark

Shark as an idiom means to be an aggressive person. When it comes to matters of business he is a shark.

Opera

Opera stands a work of art. Picasso’s Guernica is an opera.

Forest

Forest as an idiom means to have a mind of lively imagination. Sometimes my mind is a forest.

Garden of Eden

Garden of Eden is to have a life of comfort, ease and luxury. I pine my life for it to be a Garden of Eden.

Saving Pennies

Saving Pennies means to be very stingy. In my life I am not saving pennies.

 

 

 

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on May 22, 2019
Last Updated on May 22, 2019
Tags: Idioms, English Language, Culture, Literature

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing