Idioms out of Joseph

Idioms out of Joseph

A Story by anandbose
"

These are some idioms I have coined

"

What I am referring to here is the Old Testament Joseph. Joseph’s phase of life was three fold and they are: Misfortune, Dream Interpretation, Prosperity and Reconciliation.

 

 The brothers of Joseph hated him as he was the Father Jacob’s pet and to make matters worse Joseph said that he had a dream and in it he could see all brothers on their knees and worshiping him. The brothers planned to kill him but at the last moment they sold Jacob to the Egyptians. In Egypt Joseph was the master of Potiphar’s household. Potiphar’s wife became enamored with him and forced him to go to bed with her. Joseph would not relent and Potiophar’s wife said to Potiphar that she was molested and had Jacob put in jail. This is a period of Joseph’s misfortune. I don’t want a Joseph to happen to me. In prison he was able to interpret the dreams of the cupbearer and the baker. The cupbearer and baker were released from prison. Then all of a sudden the Pharaoh had a strange dream which no one could interpret. It was like this: seven stout cows came and then seven famished ones came next and ate up the fat cows. Seven strands of fattened grain came and then seven emaciated grain came next and ate the obese strands of grain. The cupbearer told to the Pharaoh of Joseph. Joseph was ushered to the Pharaoh and Joseph said: this is what the dream is: there will be seven years of plenty and after that there will be seven years of famine. The Pharaoh was impressed with his interpretation and made him the minister of Egypt and asked him to collect all the abundance and store in big God Downs.  This is a period of Joseph’s prosperity.  As Idioms Joseph, means a dream interpreter and also fortune. Then comes Joseph’s period of reconciliation with his brothers. In the beginning he was bit curt with them but later he wept in the privacy of his room and then welcomed the brothers and invited them to come and live  in Egypt.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on May 27, 2019
Last Updated on May 27, 2019
Tags: idioms, Jacob, Old Testament, Bible, Christianity

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing