Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
From the Bible

From the Bible

A Story by anandbose
"

These are an interpretation of the Scripture

"

The Bible teaches us that WORDS are powerful things and we have to use them with care as words carry a curse or a cure or a blessing. I can quote one example from the Old Testament. When Jacob was leaving Laban (Rebecca was Laban’s Daughter and she stole her father’s Gods) his uncle along with his wife Rebecca, Laban a pagan accused him of stealing his household Gods. To that Jacob replied that whoever has stolen them will be cursed and die. And when Rebecca was having pregnancy complications she succumbed to death. Another example is from the New Testament. While Jesus was traveling he came across a Fig Tree. He was feeling very hungry and to his irony it had no fruit though it was the fruiting time. Jesus cursed the Fig Tree and it withered. So the lesson is WORDS can generate blessings or curses.   

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on June 6, 2019
Last Updated on June 6, 2019
Tags: New Testament, Old Testament, Christianity, Bible, Fig Tree, Christ, Jacob, Rebecca, Laban

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing