Track Champion Part II

Track Champion Part II

A Story by allonsy_doctor
"

More racing!!

"

I ran.

I ran faster than I ever had, even at the nationals race. It was the internationals race and I was more piped up than usual. Raphael was beside me, running too. We were having the most fun we’d ever had in out lives, no seriousness in our hearts.

Except which one of us was going to win.

Raphael was good; I had to admit. I was better; he even admitted it! My awesomeness must of rained down on him like a cloud showers on an emptied street. I could feel the sweat hot on my shoulders and the wind matted my already messed up hair. The grin was cemented to my face, permanent and frozen like it glued there. It had stayed there since winning the nationals race. It was how I reacted to winning.

The joystick inside me twisted forward. No more joking now. Time to win. I ran faster than I could muster. How is this possible? Courage, strength, and believing in yourself. Then, you can have the power to go farther than you thought you could ever go.

Raphael was coming up on my left, and Ana was swiftly chasing my right. I had to outrun both of them to win. It was Spring, and Ana had picked up a few of my tricks since the nationals race.

I turned towards her. Ana’s eyes ushered me back towards the starting line. I didn’t follow the wanting glare, though. I kept on my path to gold.

Poisonous glares stung my back, and embarrassment colored my face. I hated beating other people, because always felt bad for those under me.

The crowd was yelling in union now. “Go, Diana!!”

I was so happy tears flooded my eyes. It was the science of winning, before you win one of the most biggest races of your life, you cry one of the most biggest sobs in your life. Then, a huge sob echoed from my mouth. It caused confusion behind me. I could hear shouts of “What was that noise?”.

Somehow, it helped me win. While the others were distracted, I shoved forward and connected with the bronze finish line. The crowd practically screamed. It reminded me of the time I had the “accidental win”, or the time when I first got into Cross Country. I was running next to a bunch of people, just to have fun. I heard screaming, “Second Place, Diana!” and my viewpoint of “fun” was changed. It had actually been a “tryout for Cross Country” race, and I came in second. Guess who came in first? Raphael.

It was inevitable that I was awesome. Raphael and I had run at least sixteen practice races together during our Winter Vacation. Yeah, I like Raphael now. He was the one who cheered the loudest when I won the nationals race. I guess he likes me too. We spend a lot of time together now.

“Winner, Diana!”

It echoed across the wooden benches and yowled in the ears of the other racers. Most were disappointed. Others, like Raphael, Ana and I, were extremely happy with their places. Of course, winning was alien to some people.

Ricky, the king of solving computer viruses, flounced over. He seemed excited with his place also. “Got Fourth place!” that meant he would be joining us in the World Championship, which is every racer’s dream.

I know you’re dying to know, so here’s the lineup: First Place: Me. Second Place: Raphael. Third Place: Ana. Fourth Place: Ricky. Fifth Place: Nick. Sixth Place: Kristen.

Nick thoughtfully brought over each of us a bottle of ice cold water. I swear Nick likes me; he sure acts like it! I laughed at the thought of that.

All of the six places that were going to the World Championship was standing in the middle: Raphael, Ana, Kristen, Nick, Ricky and I. Ana gulped down the water pretty fast for a ten-year-old. Ricky accidentally lost control of the gushing water and splashed it all on his trouser. I drain mine in a millisecond. Then, like a javelin, I chucked my empty water into the nearest trashcan. Orr Museum, the museum that sponsors our races, was calling to me. Not latterly, but like, I wanted to go there. I hadn’t been there in a while, and I was interested in their new exhibit.

 

Ah, the World Championship! The air was fresh and clean with a happy glow. All the racers were confident.

Raphael and I had missed the weather today, so we made up: “Sunny with a chance of WINNING!”

I saw Ana stretching and Raphael drinking. I didn’t know what to do. I had been seeing visions of this race, of me doing something wrong before it began. My older sister Julie, who is weird, said I was having premonitions. Mom said I just had bad dreams.

Before I could even move, the Ref called us all in the stretch. It felt really good on my nervous bones. Then, we played a game to get the anxiousness out of us. It really helped. A few of us, including me, ran a few miles before the race started. By the time the Ref called us in, I was hot, sweaty, and ready.

I heard the gunshot echo it my ears.

Then, the race began.

 

 

 

© 2009 allonsy_doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great part.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2009

Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor