Track Champion Part IV

Track Champion Part IV

A Story by allonsy_doctor
"

The fourth and final installment. Diana is kidnapped and taken to the "Slave's" place. In order to escape, she has to win the race...

"

It was bearly six o'clock in the morning when I awoke. I was yawning like crazy; it had been some night last night. As dawn broke before me, the clouds shifted in eerie ways in the sky and a ray of shinning colors illumaniated the sky. It was the most beautiful sight I had even seen.

Then, it was covered by a bag and everything went black.

 

I woke again in darkness. The stuffy, ichy bag remained covering my head and I was choking in protest to it being there. I forced up my hands and tried aimlessly to rip and forsaken bag from his confused head, but my efforts were...fruitless. Someone had kidnapped me and tied me up. No DUH.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, someone took the bag off my head. Light filtered into my vision and I blinked rapidly, trying to adjust to the beaming light. I placed my hand over my mouth when I adjusted to the lights. It was the two men from before; the one's with the walkie-talkies at the race. The first one smiled sweetly and murmured softly into my ear, "We need you to run for us."

Running? They wanted me to run? I was born to run, even racing inside my mother. I had been on the track, zooming past others ever since I was five. I had entered the serious tracking when I was in Elementary School. I really starting winning recently. Now, these people wanted me to run.

"Depends," I offered in a obvious voice, happy that they choose me and not Raphael, my "arch enemy" to run for them. "What are we running for? Is it even a race?"

"It's the slave's race," The second man said with slight confusion colored on his pale, manly face. He smiled nervously, then continued, "Allow us to introduce ourselves. My name is Mr. Rogers, and that is Mr. Black."

Mr. Black gave a shaky nod from his head, and Mr. Rogers continued, "The Slave's Race is a race where all the Slaves race against each other. The winner is freed."

"That's terrible!" I remarked angrily. "Are you people sane? These are people just like you and I. What if you were treated like them."

"I would deal with it," Mr. Black said quietly, in an annoyed fashion.

"Hm?" I asked, pointed to my ear. I was getting irritated with these men. First, they rudely kidnapped the star track runner. Next, they tell me to run in The Slave's Race like I was some kind of Slave...

"Hey, wait!" I yelped before they could answer. "Are you telling me I have to win the race to get out of here and back to my normal life and home and friends and racing????" I was dumbfounded with their superiority and my stupidity.

Mr. Black bobbed his head up and down for a few times before exurting a cough.

After a few moments' hesitation, I finally snorted, "Fine. I'll run in your stupid race."

"Remember, you have to win to go home. And these races only happen once a year."

Great, I thought.

 

Turns out, next day was the race. I was busy pumping my legs when a familiar face came up to me. "Good luck, Ms. Songbird."

"Yeah, yeah." I told Mr. Rogers. I didn't flip out on him, for he was the nice one.

The Slave Driver screamed for us to pile together while he explained the rules and the leagues of winning. They all sounded easy to me. Then, he called, "READY?!"

We tensed.

"ON YOUR MARKS!!!"

We got into the racing position.

"GET SET!!!!"

I leaned down lower towards the ground and pictured Rafe in my head.

"GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The gunshot echoed through the air. I let my feet fly off the gravel and I entered the race. A few Slaves were ahead of me, pushing and shoving each other to get farther ahead of each other.

"Hey, guys! They always say, violence doesn't solve anything."

They looked at me weirdly as I passed them with a smile.

Finally, there was only one. One small, little Slave ahead of me. One Slave that stood between me and victory. He was alone. And he was running with much determination and speed. He was raging past me with unbelieveable grace. I immeaditally fell into his step. WE were soon running side by side.

I wanted to win. I wanted to win more than anyone here. Unlike them, I had a family to go to. I had a life other than here. I needed to leave pronto.

Instantly, I was ahead.

And at that moment, I felt the ribbon break under my weight.

"Yes!" I shrieked to the sky with a sudden uncontrolable happiness I couldn't contain myself. I was just so happy! The crowd of Slave Drivers were cheering; none of them had lost their Slaves.

 

As soon as I was back, safe in  Mom and Dad's arms, we figured out a plan to help release the Slaves. The Government took action and Mr. Black and Mr. Rogers were arrested for Kidnapping. The rest of the Slave Drivers were arrested for keeping Slaves; and Kid Labor was against the law. I was happy to see them go. I never really enjoyed my time there.

And so began my story-book ending. After all that racing, I went to collage to become a professional Track Racer. I competed in the next years Olympics and won three gold metals. Three years later, when I was Twenty-Four, I (no surprise) married Raphael. The two of us had four kids and are still together.

Even now, we're both Eighty-Four, and we're still together. We both have wonderful children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Had I not escaped down there in the Slave's Place, I would still be down there and none of this would have happened. I'm glad I won that race so long ago. And I'm thankful for the events that happened in my life.

© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
It's done! Like it? Love it? Hope you do!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 3, 2009

Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor