Note for My Listeners

Note for My Listeners

A Story by allonsy_doctor
"

Just for kicks

"

The principal looked warily at the paper he held in front of him. He had barely started it and had already been sucked into the entertaining text. He felt tears spring from his eyes and they wandered over the black lettering, and slowly placed in down.

Incentablly, he pushed down on the intercom button on the side of his desk. "Yes?" came the sing-song voice of the cheerful secratary.

"Call up Serina Krimm."

"Serina? So you finally read 'My Listeners'?"

"Yes," he choked, then waited for an answer. Instead, he got, "I'll send her right in."

"Thanks."

In a surprised tone, she answered, "Yep."

The cut-off of the intercom beeped loudly in his ear. The principal, Mr. Conalee, risked another look at the amazing script. Serina Krimm, an eighth grader at Leekcallom Junior High, the school that he was principal for. All of her teachers have been nagging him to read one of her works since she entered this school. Finally, Serina's story, "My Listeners" had arrived at his desk. It was a beautiful short story about a girl who was not afraid to do what was right.

Mr. Conalee was crying. He wasn't exactly sobbing, but tears were streaming down his eyes. He didn't know that a piece so beautiful and so moving could even exist. It was written by an eighth grader named Serina Krimm.

Serina entered his large office on the fifth floor. Mr. Conalee immediately dried his eyes and smiled sweetly at the estonished eighth grader.

"Good Afternoon, Serina."

"Good Evening, Mr. Conalee."

Smiling at her advanced vocabulary, he passed her "My Listeners". "This story was remarkable. Are there any other works you'd like to show me?"

Serina, so very suprised, smiled and said, "Oh yes!" she pulled out a thick notebook from her backpack. "This is the book I'm writing, called 'Note for My Listeners'. My peers pestered me to write a book on the lines of 'My Listeners' ever since they read it. 'Note to My Listeners' is the continueation of 'My Listeners'. Lina's potiton to stop public bullying continues to the principal and beyond, carrying her to local authors who begin an interesting and best selling series that travels across America and begins her luxurious fame. I'm planning to make it a series about the potition of bullying, and Lina and her friends get into Rallies and other stuff."

"That sounds wonderful, Serina." Mr. Conalee said, taking the notebook. "I look forward to reading it. You may go back to class now."

"Thank you!" she cried and flew out the door.

 

 

Two Years Later

Mr. Conalee had just finished reading "Note for My Listeners III" when Serina Krimm entered the hospital. Chewing the last bit of his salad, Mr. Conalee stood up and handed her the masterpiece.

"I love it, just like the others." he smiled.

Mr. Conalee had quit his job as being a principal when Serina left the school and started a job as a janitor at the hospital. Serina visited the hospital from time to time, letting Mr. Conalee read the stories she wrote. She had published "Note for My Listeners" a year ago and "Note for My Listeners II" months ago. She was now a best selling author, and the hospital was the only place she would not be attacked by bystanders and the papiratzi.

"Thanks," Serina took the notebook happily. "I'm going to edit and revise it, then type it on the computer, and send it to the same publisher that I sent the others too."

"No one will turn that one away." suddenly, Mr. Conalee choked and began sobbing on Serina's shoulder, hugging her like she was his daughter (for he had none) and sighed in.

"I love you, Serina."

"I love you too, Mr. Conalee." she smiled. "And you know what?"

Mr. Conalee cocked his head.

"Your in 'Note to My Listeners'! The character 'Josh Kandy' is based off of you!"

Mr. Conalee didn't answer. Instead, he crying and held her in a loving manner.

 

The End.

© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
It had no point, but it was intersting, hopefully.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow.... um..... um...........................................................................................
Sorry! That is what I thought! It seems to be one of those pieces where everything seems to have a good idea-ish but I say it needs more work... love the concept though!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2009

Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor