Wishes

Wishes

A Poem by Livia Rose

I wish I had someone to mail letters to, and to play checkers in the rain with.  I wish I had someone to hike in the sunset with, climbing over huge, hulking rocks, and someone to eat sandwiches with while we watch the rabbits flirt in the shadows.  Someone to read obituaries with, and think about what kind of lives the people must have led.  Someone to pulverize clocks with, and then put the fragments in our pockets so we could always have time on our hands.  Someone to trade shoes with, and walk in high heels with.  Someone to make a cat sanctuary with, like the ones they have in Rome, and someone to think about how sad it is that bums kidnap abandoned dogs just so they can use them to pursuade soft-hearted people to spare some chance, only to kill the dogs as soon as they get what they want.  Someone to cry for the dogs with.  Someone to make sand castles out of dirt with, and someone to drown them with when they come out sloppy and uneven.  Someone to make popcorn at my house with, just so we have something to distract our hands while we watch steamy movies in my bedroom with the lights out.  Someone to light candles and incense with, and someone who will listen to meditation sounds with me--waterfalls, birds chirping, harps warbling--and monks chanting and droning.  Someone who will feel weird and awkward with me, who will draw pictures and sew clothes with me.  Someone who will listen to Bright Eyes with me, and drink coffee with too much sugar and not enough cream, and watch the static flicker on the TV.

© 2010 Livia Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010

Author

Livia Rose
Livia Rose

Seattle, WA



About
I write dreams. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Story by Livia Rose


Notebook Notebook

A Story by Livia Rose


Life Life

A Story by Livia Rose