3 am

3 am

A Story by Chloë R.
"

All-nighter ramblings that makes little sense, not exactly a story.

"

Arteries, they're just caverns of rot and the placeholders of what we hold dear to us, 

the dead, the departed, they're the nomads of the fish in the desert. The fish on legs, trapped inside their exoskeletons, protecting fragile bodies and pumping hearts. The fish with bulging eyes that gasp for breath, every beat of air we take in could well be the last one. It's an endless cycle. You buy it, reassuring your restless and fraudulent self that that material object will matter in the future. You ignore the question of 'What future?' the hopeless, inevitable carcass of our universe? Entropy is endless, entropy is necessary for the birth of things to come. Porcelain dolls watch you with stern eyes and sewed petticoats, porcelain is what our bodies are made of. Brittle bones, paper thin, paper skin, cracking hearts that have been taped together over and over until they are frayed. They are frayed by our memories, the memories that haunt us for ages, and the people that wish for nothing more but to shatter your soul into pieces, to beat it against the sand until it becomes every grain. Sand, that sifts through the burning gaps between our toes. Dirt, it digs under your fingernails and fills the holes in your teeth, fills the holes in your corpse and drags you down with it. The greedy earth, placing you in this world and watching you litter its every pore before tripping you and watching your body be swallowed by magma and decay. It's all for the greater good, they whisper. Poison seeping through your eardrum and incapacitating your thoughts. Dust is dust is dust, flesh is sand and rust.

© 2015 Chloë R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I've seen surrealist art. I've heard surrealist music. But rarely do I see surrealist writing. That's what this is. It's almost like it was written by a schizophrenic. Disjointed half-thoughts tangled together like someone took a bunch of earbuds, stuffed them in a pocket, then pulled them out(if you've ever struggled getting one pair of earbuds untangled then you understand how this would be a nightmare). In terms of experimental writing, this is pretty good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've seen surrealist art. I've heard surrealist music. But rarely do I see surrealist writing. That's what this is. It's almost like it was written by a schizophrenic. Disjointed half-thoughts tangled together like someone took a bunch of earbuds, stuffed them in a pocket, then pulled them out(if you've ever struggled getting one pair of earbuds untangled then you understand how this would be a nightmare). In terms of experimental writing, this is pretty good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015
Tags: ramblings, thoughts, crazy, mind, soul, earth, corpse

Author

Chloë R.
Chloë R.

Dallas, TX



Writing