My pain

My pain

A Poem by Juliana Morales

My Pain

I look at the yellow oval shaped capsule next to me,

3601 it reads, with a capital V on the front.

I hold it, contemplating swallowing away my pain, i just want to send it on a train far far away from here.

No more tears, I can't handle another breakdown like today, is what i have become so use to saying everyday.

I wake up, and it's the same routine, trying to tame my demons that give me all the reasons to be a zombie.

They call my name, the drag me in, they are the only ones who truly understand my pain.

​The pain that i have beard with me for so long, carrying it on my back, as i stare at the track marks lingering on my skin.

My pain has taken over everything i do and say, even as i lay here high and feed myself lies with "I'll stop tomorrow."

all I can think about is how I'm going to shower next; with no hot water to wash my thoughts away, they lay on me like a tray.

On my walk to work, I can hear my stomach fighting me, not just from my underfed morning, but from the pain that shivers inside of my bones, It feels like I have eaten nothing but stones.

I am alone, with a sea of people watching me.

Many say this isn't true, but you will ultimately stop reading this, and never have a clue on what i really go through.

This is nothing but a simple summary of my demise, the after affect of what happens when a teenager cries more than she can count the lies that she's been told.

I'm on the hunt to discover my soul, and it seems like life has taken it's toll.

​A toll that I have payed my entire heart with, when others only have to throw their 2 cents in.

I am awake but i am not alive, I sleep, but i cannot dream.

I eat, but i do not taste.

But worst of all, I love, even when I am unlovable.

My pain is inevitable.

© 2015 Juliana Morales


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on August 5, 2015
Last Updated on August 5, 2015

Author

Juliana Morales
Juliana Morales

poplar grove, IL



About
My writing will be the biggest giveaway to my character. more..

Writing