Shower

Shower

A Poem by livspen
"

I don't really like this poem, I'm not sure why. I think poetry as a whole has to be a certain way for me or I get frustrated with the way it hinders stories.

"
Soothing rain that washes off The perfume I smelt on him. A soft puff of flowers on his skin, for less than a moment. A butterfly moment. I turn my face up to the head, steam licks Off my face and rises up in plumes of white. The sticky sweet melt of two bodies Suddenly stagnated, the rank skin of algae On a freshwater lake. His eyes flickering in puzzlement. As if a fleet of tiny ants scuttled silently over my skin in a second. My throat was thick with hatred, like a glutton’s I had to escape. From him. The course of love never did run smooth, Like the heavy dribble of red down the recess of his spine. He moaned. His pretty eyes seemed surprised, Aroused by the whole idea of it. Perfection. Little flowers. Let them fall off me.

© 2010 livspen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is poetry. Very nicely done. Sure, it can be smoothed and polished up a bit, but without the essence, all the sanding and finishing won't do a thing. You have some talent poet, thank you for sharing it with us.

Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010

Author

livspen
livspen

Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom



About
Im Liv. I'm from Brighton, England. I write, constantly. Enjoy. more..

Writing
Emmeline Emmeline

A Story by livspen


Romantic Romantic

A Poem by livspen