Visitor

Visitor

A Story by Leo
"

A silent watch

"
Everything felt suspended in the emptiness of early morning air trapped between the dense branches and twisted underbrush. That distinct ringing sense of silent watch following your every step, whooshing past on the edge of the senses.

Then silent again.

All I can hear is the distant muffled crunch of dry leaves under heart-shaped doe hoof, occasional buzzing of some busy bee hurrying past with the sweet aroma of nectar back to its beehive, the croaking of frogs playing by the pond far down in the valley neatly tucked between the Crystal peaks, a sly fox flashing glittering orange by the old oak tree on the other side of the meadow, and the low breathing of the lonely elf scout, squinting under the waking sun, but never failing to lose my sight from his guard outpost, weaved into the thick crest of the pine tree thirty feet above me.
It is to him I gently open my mind, and touch his alert senses with a calming sway of the wind.

-Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo! I come in peace, guardian of this ancient realm. Send a word to your reverendus Queen now, as the Knight of the Morning Star has returned!

© 2018 Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on October 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 13, 2018
Tags: story, fantasy, mystery, suspense

Author

Leo
Leo

San Francisco, CA



About
Welcome to my world! A note of caution. These waters are known for deep philosophical currents and emotional turbulence. Proceed at your own risk. No soul guard on duty. [all pictures are taken by m.. more..

Writing
There and then There and then

A Poem by Leo


Glimpse Glimpse

A Story by Leo