Silent watch

Silent watch

A Story by Leo
"

Before the first waking thought makes you forget.

"
I watch you falling asleep.

Always liked doing that. Wonder if you ever realized this. Would you liked it if you knew? Maybe you would. Feeling my gaze. Smiling while trying to drift off into the lands where your imagination takes over. I watch you there too. I open my eyes. I see your other world - colored with thoughts, darkened by tension and fears. Gathering all those shadows into a tight ball. Cannot be thrown away. Will bounce back. Nothing can be taken away from a dream. I reshape it gently, mixing with the pink of the settling clouds, adding a few drops of that gentle radiance of your smile. It dissipates slowly turning into a breeze. Finally, gets carried away by happy memories.

Memories.

That’s why you let me in. Not knowingly, but willingly. That's how I travel here. And that’s where I stay when you are awake. Wonder what you would say if you knew. But you do know. Not realizing it of course. The instant you wake up. That's when you hear my whisper. Wishing you good morning. Before the first waking thought makes you forget.

Until the next morning that is.


© 2020 Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on March 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 10, 2020
Tags: love, mystery, fantasy, night, romance, memory

Author

Leo
Leo

San Francisco, CA



About
Welcome to my world! A note of caution. These waters are known for deep philosophical currents and emotional turbulence. Proceed at your own risk. No soul guard on duty. [all pictures are taken by m.. more..

Writing
There and then There and then

A Poem by Leo


Glimpse Glimpse

A Story by Leo