Primal Hunger

Primal Hunger

A Story by Leo
"

Silver coldness of the full moon cutting through the darkness.

"
    It is snowing. Had been snowing all night. Forest floor is covered with a fresh layer of brilliant white. Silver coldness of the full moon cutting through the darkness. Except for a single flickering sparkle breaking the night. Freezing. You started fire early. The old hunting lodge. Hidden deep within the icy woods. A slippery path barely visible under the glittering cover of the falling snow. Waiting for me coming from the hunt. Long shadows playing on the walls. You sit by the fire. Patiently. As you always do. While I am out. Hair falling free onto your shoulders. Eyes filled with flames. The delicate strength of your features framed by the dancing shadows. I touch your cheek. Startled, you turn around. You can’t believe you missed me approaching deep into your thoughts. You wrap your arms. You bury your face into my neck while the shy tear escapes reluctantly from the corner of your eye. You’ve been waiting too long. I know. I press my lips. You respond. Passionately. Hungrily. Warmth. All I want now is your warmth.
    "Its cold. Really cold."
    I can still feel the sharp burn of the night air. I am cold. You’ve been waiting too long.
    "I know."
    I squeeze my hand feeling the hardness of the icy handle. My spear following the extension of my arm. An icicle of death. My key to the warmth. To your warmth. Back at the lodge.
    "Just wait. Wait for me, please."
    But I know you will. As you always do.
    I position my spear. Back arched with tension. Shoulders bulged into a knot. There is no fear. I just notice it is still snowing. Breath escapes slowly from my weathered lips.
    He jumps.
    While others watching. The Great Grey. The alpha male. White fur unfolds smoothly into a single flash of muscles, fangs, and desperation of hunger. But I am hungry too. Deep primal hunger. For life. For your warmth. There is no fear. Not anymore.
    I notice it is still snowing. Had been snowing all night.
    I strike.

© 2016 Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 6, 2016
Last Updated on August 6, 2016
Tags: love, mystery, fantasy, tale, night, romance, memory

Author

Leo
Leo

San Francisco, CA



About
Welcome to my world! A note of caution. These waters are known for deep philosophical currents and emotional turbulence. Proceed at your own risk. No soul guard on duty. [all pictures are taken by m.. more..

Writing
There and then There and then

A Poem by Leo


Glimpse Glimpse

A Story by Leo