The Wild Card

The Wild Card

A Story by The Wild Card
"

I try to explain the type of people we become to obtain The American Dream and what e sacrifice about our selves for it.

"

Changing the Game

Remember as a kid when you could dream? Sometimes I wish I were still a kid. I could tell my mother about all my dreams and hopes and she would tell me to reach for them! Whatever I wanted I could have! But we all knows what happens when we grow up, our dreams die and we are programmed to obtain one dream. The American Dream. The dream to be part of the top one percent, to give back to those who gave to us, to help the less fortunate, but lets be honest some of our dreams are to pay next months rent and put food on the table. As kids we called these dreams but as we age they get a new name.

GOALS

Some goals have to be completed to live a successful life in this world such as, paying bills, obtaining credit, eating food, drinking water, washing your body, and hell masturbating! If masturbating is something you've never done drop the book and do it. There are some goals society has set like, getting a job, getting a house, finding the love of your life, and a s**t ton of smaller goals in between. I mean it’s ridiculous how many goals The American Dream sets for us without our consent. I am a 19 year old male and this story probably won’t be published because well I mean look at the grammar in this baby, the point of this story,,,, honestly there really isn’t a point. Maybe this story will give you hope, maybe this story will be a s****y book you tell your coworkers to read, or maybe it’ll be the joke of the year! All I know is we all have a few goals but with goals come issues.

Well if I’m going to capture your attention I should probably introduce myself, but why when I can dance around that aspect of the story and philosophize about a few things. I guess I do have a purpose for this story, to break all the rules to writing, I think I’m the Philip Glass of literature. I mean don’t you get tired of the same cliche love stories by Nicholas Sparks, the same Tyler Perry plays about our mighty and merciful God, or the same fairy tales filled with good morals and hope? I mean the world is nothing like that, I know I’m tired of that so I’m setting a goal for this story. To write a story that’s so different it’ll be questioned, I mean it won’t be 100% different because the Bible was written and that thing is question everyday. But I mean it sold billions of copies so hey! Maybe this will too because I got bills to pay and giants to slay.

Who am I?

Well I am a person weird

with bills to pay and giants to slay

I have giants to slay because

I am gay

I thought I would just get that out the way, I hate when people dance around that topic for publicity. Now that you know a little about me tell me about yourself by emailing me: [email protected]. In a technological age this advance I’m changing the game I want to know my readers. Who are you? What do you like? Who do you like? :D I am in love with this guy, we've been dating for a year and a half but we've known each other since 6th grade but I’ll get into that later.

So many of you may be wondering why I’m taking the time to write something that probably won’t make it off the flash drive in my computer. Well I’ll tell you, I hope this story goes somewhere because it’s nothing that can be turned into something. I mean life is moving so fast we forget that we are something and we turn ourselves into nothing so I’m hoping this story inspires the nobodies to be somebody. Now I guess I can stop being so serious and start breaking more rules.

I always knew I was different and we all start to know things in our teenage years so the story begin in 6th grade. I was a little rebel fresh out of elementary school you know so I know a lot. I knew how to make my teacher cry, I knew how to learn, but most importantly I knew how to run s**t I was the ringleader at my elementary school. But there was one problem:


My Elementary School                   Another Elementary School                      And S**t Another

One Middle School

Obviously each elementary school had a kid that thought they were the s**t, I mean and this pyramid doesn't stop there when you go to High School, College, Graduate School, and then your career. You become the best at something and then you’re thrown back in the pit to fight to the top once again. That’s The American Dream right? To fight to the top, well I had a different approach, If you were at the top find other kids who were on top and share it.

I learned there are multiple ways to be on top, multiple ways to obtain the goal of being on top but as I said goals come with issues.

  1. Being a B***h

    1. You’re the top of the pyramid because everyone is afraid of you, I mean no one wants to mess with you. You’re on top but you’re alone and miserable because no one really understands you.

  2. Being smart

    1. You’re so intelligent everyone comes to you for advice for help, you're on top because we assume you know everything but sometimes you mess up and when you do you set higher standards. At some point in your life you standards will be so high you can only go downhill.

  3. Being nice

    1. Your kindness is irreplaceable, you have a sense of humor and heart that lights up the room but you shut out feelings because if you’re not nice to everyone at all times you’re not the person they expected. You’ll end up hurting yourself or the ones you love at some point trying to live up to these expectations.

And then you have the other basic top dogs, the druggy, the athlete, the good looks, and wildcard. You see the wildcard is the most dangerous because the wildcard has a characteristic that is hidden by one issue. I am a wild card and I won’t reveal my issue just guess what my issue is. Based on what you just read what do I sacrifice to be on top?

© 2015 The Wild Card


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

The Wild Card
Ignore grammar problems and if you confused take that into accountability what is the issue of the narrator?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015
Tags: America, Dream, Goals, Different, Gay, Bible, God, Life

Author

The Wild Card
The Wild Card

Wilmington, NC



About
I am a 19 year old male who aspires to be a comedian and politician. more..