The Suffering of Changes

The Suffering of Changes

A Poem by L. Norris

It is an interest, warping worlds with words
While cascading textures of thought deplete
Themselves in rough rhythms, prose, myth, life;
Till the drab colorlessness wished me be a synesthete.
A wandering notepad nomad carrying yellow sharpened wands
Or the kind that click with chrome caps on the back,
That is my kind: black magic wands bend lead
Through a metamorphosis, a change, though in these events I lack
The ability to form coherency of mind�
Words wither to silence, no sentences found.
Changes in style, changes in the techniques I meander
In a dark place, where the poet is unsound.
It is a muse of nothing that damns this suitor, this seeker
In part, trapped in a black slippery pit
And beyond this corner, bleak and
Dismal, the stability of unquestioning faith is.
Oh, how I wish to be there!
I wish, I want, with you my muse
To wander freely as we did in that life before,
But all that is changed in the present time, the hues
Of living systems, the balancing of rhymes, gone.
Done with my mad incantations on truth, reality;
Found, you the muse read the sentence:
�You have driven yourself to this corner.�

Incompetent. Doomed. Then nothing.

© 2008 L. Norris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'll suffer this a reply. Here is a word search for you: find a cliche. Good luck, the only possibility might be "unquestioning faith" and if you would like to call that a cliche I might see the validity to that. Hell, I'll fix that as soon as I finish this. "overpriced words"? Um, which ones? The only word I can see anyone giving me 20 dollars for--in this--is synesthete, but I have grapheme synesthesia and therefore am, how about this, a synethete. Not a 'big deal' word. I might be able to award you a nod for excellence of observation in suggesting my focus is disoriented, though admit it you were looking for it and you quite purposely looked for my weakest poem to get it, because my other two posted and more recent have no such issues. They would laugh at all of your accusations and I challenge you to successfully argue otherwise. Your case of lack of focus can and has been made regarding this (though you merely made a statement, you did not 'make a case' and you will observe I have in each of my critiques both positive and negative, with specific examples and explanations), but that is in my reason for posting on these sites. I post on these sites specifically for real criticism, which you and anyone else is free to offer, and which I freely offer to anyone else. For mutual benefit. And I just enjoy writing and being read.

If you would like to really dispute my claims, a more logical approach would be to simply break down my arguements and explain how they are not valid or not valid to the specific piece. Then you would be contributing to a discussion that would be even more beneficial for the author. As it is, all those authors had was thoughtless praise, if anyone is to be appreciated let it be for a real reason.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was going to say something, but it's already been written by Petey.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to stop by after reading your reviews on a couple of other writers here. Wanted to see how writing poetry should be done since you clearly are an expert on the subject. I am afraid that I think that you have done here exactly what you bashed others for. You seem to do nothing but talking in circle with no real point or reasoning for your overpriced words. Writing to make yourself sound intellegent using large words to show you can, does not mean you have written anything worth a damn. This 90% cliche and is lacking any emotions or feelings. I read this and walked away going ok what.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 25, 2008

Author

L. Norris
L. Norris

Harrisburg, PA



About
Interests: Literary Theory, Metaphysics, Meditation, Linguistics, Semantics, Number Theory, Physics, Language, Veganism, Aesthetics, Metaliterature, Russian Literature, Yoga, Perfection. Favorite Re.. more..

Writing