At a Funeral

At a Funeral

A Poem by Brian
"

My way of expressing the indifference I feel at funerals. I personally think death is a part of life. Why torture yourself with sadness when some one dies?

"

The weight of the silence falls onto our shoulders

Mabey that is why we are hunched over?

Or is it to hide ourselves from something we dread...

Saying goodbye to a loved one that's dead.

 

Separated by a cloth and cold metal

A body is being rolled down the aisle

When its destination is reached at the altar

Hysterical voices from the pews try to call her.

 

I can't empathize with the ones that cry

Life is a cycle, we all live, we all die.

 

© 2012 Brian


Author's Note

Brian
I hope you write some "killer" reviews...sorry for the pun

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When you know you won't be able to see or talk to someone that you love until your own death, a feeling of constricting hysteria sets in and there's no controlling it. You cannot be logical just after someone's death. But that's what the process is for; at one point, you accept things. Good poem. Just throwing my .02 in! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Okay, I can relate to this in a way, might not be the right way but anyway- personally, I don't like funerals, I think after losing a loved one you're in enough pain, why would you want to go and sit through a hour long funeral knowing they're in the coffin and you'll never see them again?

I know that losing my grandpa was hard enough but in the funeral is when I couldn't keep my emotions in anymore, I love him with all my heart but I swear I wish I never went, it's a terrible thing to say but it was heart breaking when I heard the news. Listening to his favourite song and people talking about him was too hard for me.

I loved this write, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


When you know you won't be able to see or talk to someone that you love until your own death, a feeling of constricting hysteria sets in and there's no controlling it. You cannot be logical just after someone's death. But that's what the process is for; at one point, you accept things. Good poem. Just throwing my .02 in! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2012
Tags: Funeral, death, life

Author

Brian
Brian

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Hey, I'm from Pittsburgh. I play in a band called Sixty on Standish, go to college, and enjoy stupid things like frisbee and hackey sack. I think the best game ever created was Super Smash Bros. I don.. more..

Writing
Spring Break Spring Break

A Poem by Brian


a;lsdkjaf a;lsdkjaf

A Poem by Brian


Window Window

A Poem by Brian