Talisman of he Crimson Crypt

Talisman of he Crimson Crypt

A Story by Ian Grant
"

An epic conclusion to a fantastic adventure.

"

Eld’hart brought his massive iron boot crashing down onto Bowen’s sward. “It seems the magic flowing through your lineage is not all the tomes have foretold” he growled from under his ornate battle helm. The volcano let out a malicious bellow, quaking the ground and interrupting Eld’hart’s coups de grace. He fell to ground when suddenly Bowen was upon him. The two exhausted warriors struggled against each other’s determination, rolling along the edge of the broiling inferno, both man considered himself to hold the moral high ground.

 

“You will never hold the Talisman of the Crimson Crypt, and I will never allow you to summon this eruption!” Ivan spat through clenched teeth. With a surge of power, he launched Eld’hart up and over. Eld’hart rolled a few times while the weight of his heavy armor pulled him toward the ledge. Gleaming in the heat of the volcano, Bowen’s muscled rippled as he used the last of his strength to pick up his second sward, his b*****d sward. With two hands he lifted the point of the heaving blade at the face of his enemy.

 

“Help me Bowen!” Cried Eld’hart, losing grip by the second, “You swore! You swore to defend life wherever you could!” the begged for Bowen to save his life and help him up from the ledge.

 

“I also made a vow to rid the realm if scum like you.” He said calmly. Bowen’s face then twisted with rage as he let out a spectacular battle cry. A swirling mist of light blue wove around a dancing ball of electricity at the end of Bowen’s sward. Larger and larger it swelled until the light became blinding and exploded outward in a devastated beam of lineage magic. The thunder rumbled and the volcano moaned, the magic crackled all round. Bowen could feel the life force of the land drinking into his body, the wisdom of the air, the passion of the earth, the strength of the ocean.

 

After a moment, the smoke had settled and a charred metal suite that held the ash of the evil magician Eld’hart tumbled into the magma below.

© 2016 Ian Grant


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016

Author

Ian Grant
Ian Grant

Council Bluffs, IA



About
Lover of the mysterious, ever hinting at something larger than ourselves. Scatterbrained in all the wrong ways. Stay at home father and imminent graduate. Horrendous speller. more..