I Forgive You

I Forgive You

A Poem by Serendipity
"

This poem was inspired by an email I received from a preacher I like very much. His words inspire me, today's message "Freedom Through Forgiveness".

"

I Forgive You …

            … For lying to me

I Forgive You …

            … For breaking promises

I Forgive You …

            … For making me cry

I Forgive You …

            … For causing me pain

 

 

I Forgive You

            … For hurting me

I Forgive You …

            … For taking away my pureness

I Forgive You …

            … For destroying my hopes

I Forgive You …

            … For all the heartaches

 

I Forgive You …

            … For being in my head

I Forgive You …

            … For being in my dreams

I Forgive You …

            … For not fighting for me

I Forgive You …

            … For walking out of my life

 

I Forgive You …

            … For not valuing me

I Forgive You …

            … For not wanting me

I Forgive You …

            … For not needing me

I Forgive You …

            … For not loving me

 

I Forgive You …

            … Not because what you did was right

I Forgive You …

            … Not because I want you back

I Forgive You …

            … For me

I Forgive You …

            … For my peace

 

July 27, 2007

 

© 2008 Serendipity


Author's Note

Serendipity
An oldie but goodie.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

By far I think your best poem yet. There is a sad story most of us know in each of your poems yet "I forgive you" is the key to letting go of the hurt, healing the scars and moving forward. May your journey lead you to where tear drops never fall.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beautiful

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wonderfully put. I wish the world could be like that. Instead we have religions that preach the same ideals yet have a past of waging bloody battles. If only everybody could find it in themselves to forgive others and grow from it the world would indeed be much brighter. No really, we'd be smarter! All that time spent fighting could be used to pick up a book. Books, they're not just for coasters anymore.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Profound words.

I Forgive You �
� Not because what you did was right
I Forgive You �
� Not because I want you back
I Forgive You �
� For me
I Forgive You �
� For my peace

Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes we blame others, sometimes ourselves but it takes a large heart and a clear mind to forgive.
I loved this poem, especially the ending.
As long as we cling to the bitterness in our hearts, we cannot have peace.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg............this is beautiful! if only i had the courage to say the same thing. many times ppl get sooo caught up in their feelings and fail to realize that holding on anger does more harm than good. nice...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a great statement. It probably felt good to write this, didn't it? Great job.

xxoxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The best well to heal is to forgive for yourself. This is very real and true. Touching on all the pain and hurt someone has caused. Only a strong perosn can forgive and get through that pain. Good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

As the great poet, Alexander Pope wrote in the 1700's: "to err is human, to FORGIVE, divine"... Mrs. V, I believe you have taken that a step further and shown that forgiveness is truly divine and why. I can certainly identify with all the reasons you have given that needed forgiveness. If we can only learn to FORGET as well... but then that's a whole other piece/peace... Thank you for sharing with me. It is going in my library with your other work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such a emotional piece about a very difficult thing to do, Forgive. Yet you summoned it up all at the end.

I Forgive You �
� Not because what you did was right
I Forgive You �
� Not because I want you back
I Forgive You �
� For me
I Forgive You �
� For my peace

Forgivennes is more for us then the other person, We can ture heal untill we forgive. Good write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a powerfully strong hit-you-in-the-face piece for me. It really hits home... I can't explain the connection I have to this poem. I love it. It is inspiring and truthful for me. It says so much. To forgive... for oneself is so important, and so hard to do. Thank you, for writing this. I'm so glad I found it. I'll treasure it in my library and read it often.... to remind myself.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Serendipity
Serendipity

Sunny, CA



About
What we do...A Poem by Erotic Goddess ** i am just a girl who LOVES to WRITE ** ** ** Love Starts with a Smile, Grows with a Kiss, & Ends with a Tear. ** .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..