My Partner

My Partner

A Poem by John G. Forrester Jr.
"

This is the light at the end of the tunnel which is so bright that only the darkest sounds can block it out from your line of vision...

"

I am the one who speaks through this child this youngster this brother 

Burning brighter than the sun it self because he is so spiritually connected to the people of the past the present and the future...

Born to be an intangible figure wade down by the physical present but free by the soul with in...

he is my son I care for him

If he gets pricked by a rose I will chop off all of it’s petals and leave the stem in the wind to get swept away like ash. 

If dirt gets thrown on his name by the enemies of his keen I will bury those enemies six feet deep so only their souls will raise.  

If a tree blocks his rays from the only sunlight of the day I will cut each branch off one by one until that tree bends with mercy and revels his sunlight.

This is the shepherd leading his flock, the teacher guiding her pupil, the everlasting follower into the light, my partner is the voices that I hear at night when I am dreaming of a better tomorrow. 

My partner is the hidden message that plays in the untrue life of a lie, that darkens the day and brightens the night, 

I listen for just a whisper and hear a speech. 

My partner believes in me and I believe in him...    

© 2015 John G. Forrester Jr.


Author's Note

John G. Forrester Jr.
Who or what do you think My Partner is?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015
Tags: My Partner, Poetry, John G. Forrester Jr.

Author

John G. Forrester Jr.
John G. Forrester Jr.

New York City , NY



About
I am a thinker, a philosopher, a poet, a writer, a rapper and a inner most thought sharer. I like to journal a couple days a week and write short stories when i have a fleeting impulse to do so, it is.. more..

Writing