To the Moon

To the Moon

A Story by Anthony Morningstar
"

I don't think this really went the way I wanted it to. I think that I will add more to it once I get my facts straighted out.

"

 

The USA want’s to get back to the moon or at least that’s something that Bush want’s to happen. He said since the supposed something aniversery of the moon landing.  It’s funny you know you would think that we would celebrate as some sort of national event but oh well.
 
Let’s assume that they did land on the moon.
 
With that in hand Bush’s plan seems pretty simple.  Well so did a war in Iraq 5 years ago.  There are some major problems with this. Oh yeah he just doesn’t want to go the moon but later on go to Mars.
 
I’m going to jump around a little bit and hope that this makes sense so I’m sorry if this doesn’t I dropped out of college so my serious writing is something that needs to be desired.
 
I’ll start at the beging of ISS.  I believe that it was supposed to be just about done building such a thing.  But since, I’m not sure which one it was right off the top of me head blew up on re-entry things building the ISS has been going pretty slow.  But I thought that the ISS was supposed to help get us back to the moon.
 
So that’s one major problem. If this was construction site here on earth no building would really be built like the way that’s it being built. But that’s just my thought. I guess that one major thought was that it’s behind scheadule.  And if it’s not then could someone please explain this to me.  Here on earth when things fall behind they hire more people to do more work.  Well it’s kind of hard considering the fact that it’s up in space.
 
In early 2000 a bit after the ISS was being built they were throwing around ideas for something to replace the space shuttle. They are still using old shuttles. Shuttles that are now about the same age as the astronouts that fly this machine.  Now take a look at any car by any manfacture and by any model.  Let’s go with something most people will know like a Ford Mustang.  I don’t care for it but it’s something that a lot people will know.  If you look at one now and one like 20 years ago there are some signafact changes.  Now let’s go further back. Like 27 to 30 years ago. Now there was Mustang that looked more like a hatchback then a “muscle” car.  Now this is kind of the same concept for the shuttle.  It wasn’t meant to last this damn long. It was supposed to be an economy vehicle.  And well it’s far from that.  I can’t quite rember how much it takes in full but in the tons of rocket fuel.  If you think that filling up your tank hurts think how NASA feels.  If you think that you are on a budget you don’t have anything compared to them.
 
They used to have like an actual perctange of the national budget.  Now think about that. This was in the 60’s and a thing like the Vietnam war didn’t stop them at all.  In fact it kind of helped them because of the whole paranoia aspect.  Look in the sky it’s not a bird or plane it’s spunick and who know’s what it sees.
 
So they rush and rush and with the same vigor as building the A-bomb they build a rocket that went to the moon. The big problem with building for speed and worring about money.  You don’t document things clearly.
 
You see something like just getting to the moon should be easy.  I mean how hard can that be. They didn’t even use calculators on the damn project.  O.k. that can’t really be proven but the fact remains that most of the scientist had slide rulers.  Do you know what those are? Well if you don’t google it.  
 
See we have all this power and NASA is kinding of having a hard time building a rocket to get the moon.   So can imaging the problem for taking humans to Mars.
 
First off there’s like one huge problem getting to Mars is time.  I mean it’s not like driving from here to Hawai. Believe me driving a car there would be a lot easier and probally cost a little bit less to do even if you had to build a damn bridge to do it or a tunnel.
 
At last of memory serves me it’s about 4 years to get there.  Now I hope that I’m wrong.  But even if it’s longer then a 5 months that’s a long f*****g time.  Have you ever been locked up and not against your will anywhere longer then a week.  Most people aren’t locked up that long. Second thing if something goes wrong it’s not going take a few seconds to relay the siganal back to earth it’s going to take minutes.  I can’t rember exactly but I think that we either 8 seconds or 4 minutes away from the sun at light speed.  So it doesn’t really matter how fast the internet is going at the whatever speed mars is at least 4 to 5 mintues for communications.
 
I admit I got a little ahead of myself.
 
But the money needed to get the moon and the money given is just sad. Where could the USA get this money. Oh yeah there’s that war that isn’t helping most people out.  Hey if you’re an Iraqie are we really helping or would you like us to get out.  But then again I guess the people that the U.S. inflicts war upon isn’t part of the equation.  
 
The other major problem. Math. Math what’s wrong with math.  Well there’s not a lot people that are concerned with such a subject.  Because if you end up on Deal or no Deal or something else then you could be set for life that way.  Just your life and not the life of other people. So there seems to be a real lack of talent out there for people like that.  If you’re really smart why would you want to work for NASA when you could do something else make more money somewhere else.
 
I’m not saying that we should try to go to another plantet just to go.  I guess that’s not really the point of this article. But there are a lot of problems facing this. If these people are serious there’s needs to be serious consideration to figure things out like this.  The other thing is how to get people excited at the fact of doing something seems to have no real valued outcome.
 
But then again that was the part of just going to space. Why do you want to go space?  Why do you want to send a man up there? What is the purpose of building things like that? Well for one the logic back then was of course fear.  I know it’s a bit of reiteration but it bears needs be said again.  That cold war pushed the space program. You can’t sell the idea that we are going to invade mars before they do.
 
Without that major space war we wouldn’t have satalities and some massive forms of comunacitons.  I would like to say the internet but I don’t rember that one correctly I think that had to do with MIT or not.  But the point is that there are somethings that really great came from the fact of exploring the unkown.
 
I realize the fact that the earth that our small blue plantet is not in harmony and it might not be the best idea to just start going from one plantet to another. But what’s it going to take to get people to come together.  To bring world peace. War doesn’t work, relgion, doesn’t work. And it’s with the naivity of someone here in the States that can say that maybe, maybe just for a little while people would unite and want to go to another plantet.  Wouldn’t that be nice wouldn’t that be worth the time and effort to get there.

© 2008 Anthony Morningstar


Author's Note

Anthony Morningstar
Please if you know more about this stuff tell me about it. Most of this is just from memory of facts and I'll admit that they might be messed up. The spellings going to be a little off because I really wanted to post this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting thoughts here, friend.
We're not as paranoid about the moon landings over here as in America, but this reminded me of how, if it had been done, surely they would have done it again since. Surely new scientists would be wanting some samples to take a look at. Especially the ones who are taking global warming seriously/crazily and considering whether some of us could survive in Space.
Did you do much internet research for this? I imagine there's plenty of information on this subject out there - not in-depth and not necessarily reliable, but the dates and figures you wanted should be out there somewhere.
I'm afraid I'm not much help because I don't know hardly anything about this topic.

The computers first used for space exploration were very basic, I know that - think pocket calculator, or an ancient Atari. Scary for those astronanuts, except they didn't know because at the time it was the most powerful technology that there was.

Has Bush officially said that he wants the US to attempt another moon landing? I guess if it really had never been done, he wouldn't be so rash as to suggest it publically...as failure could confirm all the conspiracy theories.

Anyway, interesting essay. Let me know if you add more.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting thoughts here, friend.
We're not as paranoid about the moon landings over here as in America, but this reminded me of how, if it had been done, surely they would have done it again since. Surely new scientists would be wanting some samples to take a look at. Especially the ones who are taking global warming seriously/crazily and considering whether some of us could survive in Space.
Did you do much internet research for this? I imagine there's plenty of information on this subject out there - not in-depth and not necessarily reliable, but the dates and figures you wanted should be out there somewhere.
I'm afraid I'm not much help because I don't know hardly anything about this topic.

The computers first used for space exploration were very basic, I know that - think pocket calculator, or an ancient Atari. Scary for those astronanuts, except they didn't know because at the time it was the most powerful technology that there was.

Has Bush officially said that he wants the US to attempt another moon landing? I guess if it really had never been done, he wouldn't be so rash as to suggest it publically...as failure could confirm all the conspiracy theories.

Anyway, interesting essay. Let me know if you add more.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
1 Review
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

Anthony Morningstar
Anthony Morningstar

Tigard, OR



About
Hello there's a lot of meaniness in my writings and it's good thing that it stays there. But I'm not like that. I like to read mostly things that aren't really close to what I write. I turned off t.. more..

Writing