Lay awake

Lay awake

A Poem by ncnac03

 

As I lay awake I found myself dreaming of a reality that no longer existed. Thinking of a past memory that has clouded my vision, like a thick fog. Not being able to see, or hear, or move; alone.

 

A perfect smile with red lips; more thick than blood. Her words echoed through my mind, like an earthquake to strong to remain standing. Her voice so beautiful that the very sound of it constricted my body, squeezing so tight that I cannot move, I cannot see, I cannot breath; I can’t die.

 

Pain rains down upon me, like a brand searing into my skin, leaving its permanent mark. The vision is burnt into my mind, into my heart, and into my soul. Never to heal or fade; never to forget.

 

Some say that time heals wounds; if only I were that lucky. With time my pain only gets more vicious and intolerable, ad my souls withers away and crumbles. It is like time itself is Hell on Earth, and I have no heaven.

 

With every glimpse of this memory, another part of who I once was is burned; and, it burns too deep to put out. Like a wild fire that consumes and devours everything in its path; leaving nothing in its wake of destruction.

 

Then, as if God himself spared me a hand relieving me from my personal demons, the memories escape from my head, it loosen its grip on my soul; only to punish me at a later time.

© 2010 ncnac03


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on September 3, 2010
Last Updated on September 3, 2010

Author

ncnac03
ncnac03

Spokane, WA



About
Twenty-one, turning Twenty-two, Tired, Needing sleep, Hoping for a miricle, Waiting for something warm and wanted. Six Foot, Brown hair, Tattoos; only one can be seen: The most importa;t of all. Hungr.. more..

Writing
The Questions The Questions

A Story by ncnac03