The Origin of The Anti Claus...

The Origin of The Anti Claus...

A Story by Brad
"

what happens to bad boys and girls

"

Long ago,

When St. Nicolas died

He was brought before god

“I have a special mission for you” said the lord.

“you will be my herald and spread the good news of a coming messiah

To all the peoples of earth.”

“how will I do such a thing?” asked St. Nick.

“I will provide you with the means to travel about the world. You will be given a team of slaves to make gifts for children whom have followed my word and have been obedient.”

“it shall be done, father.” Santa Claus bowed before the great deity.

So god purged out every flaw, human imperfection, every evil iota from his soul to make it pure white and set him in the north to begin his quest.

The remainder of him, was a black gelatinous goo; An obsidian, shapeless remainder of evil.

“Wot of meeee??” it gurgled at the Lord.

“Be gone from my sight, vile energy!” god spat, “I will cast thee down to the earth…to the extreme south so that you may never poison your brother again!!”

This antimatter twin of santa  festered over his rejection among the dark recesses of ice caverns , feeding on the small population of wildlife.

One day, the Anti-Claus made a decision, “Every boy and girl, man and woman, who does evil will be taken by me! What my brother does in joy, I shall do in rage!!”

And so, from that day forward, as Santa Claus flies about rewarding all the good boys and girls with gifts and candy; the Anti-Claus streaks across the stratosphere in search of kindred evil souls to bring back to hell with him.

So, be wary, my (insert son or daughter here), throughout the year…if the winter wind seems a bit colder, if the flames of the fireplace dance lower, if the bulbs of the Christmas lights glow dimmer…perhaps you…or someone you live with…will be visited by….the Anti-Claus….

Merry Christmas.

 

© 2010 Brad


Author's Note

Brad
this is an introduction to a character i developed a few years back. he started as a commentary on how religion used fear to make children obey. There is a coming story that i'm almost done polishing up, with the anti claus in it....stay tuned...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do like the different uses and meanings behind this story. The simple front of being used as something parents use to control their children. Then the deeper meaning of religious control of the masses. It's well written, kept simple yet interesting and descriptive enough to maintain interest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Top o'the morning to ya, I have heard the call of the Anti Claus and have come to join and minister to this flock of evil minions. I have brought my unholy relics, the light saber of alter boys and the chainsaw of the passion

The catlicks stand wit ya!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have a good ability to make up stories, and you do it well!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol, you could make the children hide inside their closet because of this story lolz

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are negatives for every positive, so this isn't too far out there. Also, it's in keeping with many religious ideas. Well, I'm now waiting to read the adventures of "Anti-Claus."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So the anti-clause knocks on my door and says... okay we both know where that was going... pop, dead. Fear with a bit of carrot dangling from a stick. And don't forget to appropriate the myths and stories from previous religions into yours!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I remember anti-claus. Love it Brad, go forth my son and make up more stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Selene sent me. I am LAUGHING and LAUGHING even more! Cheers! LOL!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't tell this story to my 8 yr old it will make him cry,but I lke it and I have thought of such a charecter before but you put him into words.
I love the imagry of the dark side of a happy soul

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blimey! LOVE it lol So poignant and yet your touch upon it lol
This is great love, interesting work, love it!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a truly excellent example of creative folklore. Reminds one of the old alpine stories regarding Krampus and the other yuletide demons. The dark humor contrasts nicely with the otherwise semi-solemn nature of the holidays. Cannot wait to read of more exploits of this character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

652 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 8, 2010

Author

Brad
Brad

MN



About
more..

Writing
where are you? where are you?

A Poem by Brad


The Writer... The Writer...

A Poem by Brad



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


memorials... memorials...

A Poem by Brad