Excerpt 1

Excerpt 1

A Story by Hope
"

I haven't named this yet but it's a very short part of a longer story I've been working on.

"

He rakes his gaze down her body, before dragging his eyes back up to connect with hers and melt away every shield she had locked firmly into place. They were so dark; there was no distinguishing circle differentiating between his iris and pupil, nothing but pure black orbs that danced in the fire light by their feet. It was brutal, almost savage, standing there, paralyzed with crippling fear and unstoppable delight, watching him study her and every minute detail of her soul, the intangible essence of her he was dying to take. He is so beautiful, so unimaginably bright that this prolonged eye contact aches harshly and wonderfully in the same moment. He reaches up slowly and twirls a single strand of hair around his finger, and then slips it back behind her ear and whispers.

“It’s so beautiful.” He sounds pained, as equally breathless as she’s been left by his presence.

“My hair?” She taunts mercilessly, knowing the true answer, although she’d never been quite able to admit it.

“Your soul, angel, your soul,” His voice fills with desire and lust for the one part of her she could never have imagined she’d want to give up, “...it is calling to me, as always, but tonight it is stronger, more intense. The sound is so lovely, so enthralling.. You have figured it out, have you? Who I am? What I am?” His voice drops slightly, revealing the edge he’s kept carefully tucked away.

“Luc,” She pauses momentarily, stumbling on her words.

“Luc, which is short for..,” He prompts, daring her to finish.   

“Lucifer.” She breathes, gasping for air as soon as the name is out. “The Morning Star, the Dark Prince.” Her mind has not fully comprehended this, but she knows it’s the truth, as is this, “You want my soul.” She locks her sapphire eyes onto his.

“Your soul wants me,” he corrects, “It has been calling out for me since we met. You can feel it, can you not?” He smiles mischievously, and begins to walk in slow, tight circles around her.

“You’re lying.” Her accusation contrasts sharply with her quickening heartbeat and quivering voice. Her body seems to be betraying her, pulling her closer when he shifts backwards.

“You can!” He exclaims, delighted in a way a devil, the devil, should never sound. He runs the tip of one finger down her arm and watches as goosebumps erupt in its wake. “You can feel it in your blood, coursing through your veins. It is an undeniable pull that attracts every fiber of your being to mine. It is why you chased me down the street three months ago. It is why you stayed overnight when you were sure I was going to kill you. It is why you invited me here tonight. No part of you can resist me, because every part of you was designed for me.” His voice is growing shaky with excitement, and his light seems to be almost overflowing out of him. She flinches back only a centimeter, horror and temptation matched hand in hand, and struggles to gather the will power to run away.

“How does this work?” She despises the weakness in her voice, as well as the audible longing in her words that give him all of the encouragement he needs. He smiles the smile that caused her to stop in the street and follow him into a dark alleyway as the gleam in his eyes hints that something is about to happen. Dazzling light explodes from behind him and blinds her momentarily. As the starbursts in her vision settle, the light wanes only enough to allow her to squint and see Luc standing over her, shadowed by a set of enormous ebony wings. They contain shades of black she hadn’t known existed until an entire range of colors danced along the feathery masses in front of her, and radiate power in even the smallest downy plume.

© 2014 Hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CBH
This is actually so good! You could definitely make a full book off of this. She almost reminds me of a Persephone in her innocence, it's captured perfectly.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 9, 2014
Tags: devil, angel, lucifer, wings