Piano Dreams

Piano Dreams

A Story by Patricia Williams
"

This was just a weird little story I based off of a daydream that I had. It's kind of creepy but oh well.

"
Suddenly, I was awake.  I didn't know why, it was just one of those moments where you wake up because something isn't really right.  I looked at the clock,  3:22 A.M.  I groaned, why did I have to wake up?  I have a life. I need sleep!  I was just falling asleep again when I heard it - a soft playing on the piano downstairs.  A lovely piece by Chopin which my roommate was learning.  Why is she playing now?  I thought. 
    The music was getting louder and faster; growing with  intensity as time went on.  Then, I heard a scream.  I rushed downstairs to see what was going on.  There was my roommate playing the piano, I could see tears rolling down her cheeks as she pounded out the music. 
    "I can't stop!"  she cried.  Over and over she said that,  I stood as one entranced - not able to move as I witnessed this event.  Finally, she stopped, looked at me and said in a strange monotone,  "The queen of hearts cut off my head because I couldn't stop...playing..." 
     Then, she stood up, never turning her gaze from me and whispered "I will never play this again."   She picked up the sheet music and tore it up.  She then turned and walked up to her bedroom.  I stood there for a while and then went to bed also. 
     The next morning, she didn't speak of the event, or ask where her music was. Though she never played it again.  I still to this day do not know what she dreamed,  or if I myself was dreaming.  But the music was gone, and she never played that song again.

© 2013 Patricia Williams


Author's Note

Patricia Williams
Read and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautiful, dramatic, and unique. You kept me reading until the very end. This is a wonderful piece of writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you! As I told someone else - I daydream weird stuff at two am. :P
Calissa Knox

10 Years Ago

My pleasure. ;) Haha, me too!
Great job! This was very interesting!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

No, daydream about weird stuff.
She With Eyes Like Unshed Tears

10 Years Ago

Lol, I know - I'm just teasing! :D
Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

I know, lol. ;D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on October 1, 2013
Tags: dreams, music, piano, chopin, nightmares, playing, queen, of, hearts

Author

Patricia Williams
Patricia Williams

My mind.



About
judge me by what I create. please review. if you message me I may or may not reply. don't take it personally, I'm just not on here very consistently. more..

Writing