Believe My Lies

Believe My Lies

A Poem by Andie
"

Recently, I've been realizing a lot of things about myself and the world around me. This poem explains a bit of my thinking and is me admitting to my own self-realization.

"

The putrid smell of self-loathing and hatred

The nauseous feeling you get when you miss a step, your foot barely saving you from your so-called doom.

The vomit of confusion and pain violently explodes from my throat, reminding my of how long I’ve been holding it down.

You’re not actually sick if no one can see your symptoms, yes?

In that case, I have not been sick for at least six years.

No fever.

No pressure.

No decay inside my skull.

I refuse to take the medicines because I am not sick.

I can’t be sick.

I won’t let myself be sick.

So I cover my face, refusing to look at the bloodstained remains of my stomach on the bathroom floor.

Refuse to look at the embarrassment and denial on the bathroom floor, stranger.

Please ignore slashes in the curtains and on the mirrors; it’s nothing serious.

Pretend with me, and deny my disease

Because fantasy is so much better than reality,

And the me that lives in a wormhole halfway across the galaxy is so much more happier than the me that speaks to you today.

© 2015 Andie


Author's Note

Andie
I more wrote this for personal reasons, but I feel like others can relate. How did you like it? Anything I need to change or work on?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015

Author

Andie
Andie

TN



About
Hey there! I'm a friendly film major who dabbles in writing from time to time. You can call me Andie; pleased to meet you! I enjoy writing music, but right now I'm working on a... memoir of sorts? Not.. more..

Writing
A Pep Talk A Pep Talk

A Poem by Andie


An Apology An Apology

A Poem by Andie


Maybe... Maybe...

A Poem by Andie