You're Lies

You're Lies

A Poem by love child
"

when a relationships ends you find out about not only the lies told but how that person was the lie, they weren't who you thought they were and every lie they told help harden them into one big lie.

"

When you look at the moon do you think of my eyes?

You often said they were brighter than the stars in the sky.

The flames that made them shine must be burning out today.

Like a shooting star who leaves the sky in decay.

My eyes have lost their flame.

Is that why you started to look away?

When it rains do you think of the passion in my soul?

I remember once you said my spirit blazed out of control.

The inspiration that harbored in me must have died long ago.

I apologize for, I couldn't keep up with what was starting to grow.

My life was just starting to get out of control.

I am sorry that I was forced to let you go.

I thought I was wise and doing what was right.

But you left and refused to be at my side.

Let’s be honest, you took my soul and killed me deliberately

Like a storm that washes the innocent into the waves brilliantly

You are the reason my eyes no longer burn like the stars in the sky.

You are the boy who made my inspiration die. 

© 2014 love child


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Like a storm that washes the innocent into the waves brilliantly.... that could be the start of a novel right there...I feel this intensely, thinking back to when I thought who I was truly madly in love with and always would be, then its like tectonic plates crashing and moving in different directions, all that closeness and the bond seems to dissipate..you captured harshness of life and relationship beautifully here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love child

9 Years Ago

yes that is exactly how i fell. i thought everything was going to be forever but he left and replace.. read more



Reviews

Such a powerful subject! Your writing is so magnificently constructed.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Like a storm that washes the innocent into the waves brilliantly.... that could be the start of a novel right there...I feel this intensely, thinking back to when I thought who I was truly madly in love with and always would be, then its like tectonic plates crashing and moving in different directions, all that closeness and the bond seems to dissipate..you captured harshness of life and relationship beautifully here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love child

9 Years Ago

yes that is exactly how i fell. i thought everything was going to be forever but he left and replace.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014
Tags: poem, heart broken . hurt, love, advise, comment, poetry, sad, lie, lier, Victoria

Author

love child
love child

chico , CA



About
I have no words to put in this bio. I do not know how to describe myself or what i want from life, the terrible truth is, I don't know who I am. The most I can tell you about myself is my first name i.. more..

Writing