Dear Sir

Dear Sir

A Poem by lovejulez03
"

Not so much a poem as it is just words..musings from an honest mind

"

Dear Sir,

 

I would like to apologize that my enthusiasm for laughter and love makes you believe that I am a silly girl with little knowledge and a head in the clouds. I am sorry that my curly hair, my full lips, and the curves of my body do not fit into the mold of blonde hair and protruding hip bones that society has embedded into your brain of what true beauty should be. I would like to apologize that my outspokenness and refusal of silence makes me a b***h or a woman who does not know her place. I am sorry that my less-than-conservative lifestyle and my openness to liberalism forces you to tag me as just another sinner who needs jesus or an ex-teen mother who opened her legs long before marriage .  I apologize that my breasts peeking out from my shirt offend your visual senses and take away from me being a lady. Furthermore I am sorry that my feministic mindset means that I support women and their sexuality - I support women with the same voice as a man. I also am sorry that this threatens your sense of self in a world that is strewn with the chaos and cluster of robots and wanna-be’s, of those silenced, and those without audacity of heart. I would like to apologize that my desire to be better makes you feel incompetent and small due to your own lackings.

…dear sir, please understand that the passions that burn in my belly burn for the greater good and the furthering of society and do not burn to make you satisfied. The fire is not hot to warm your coolness and it does not burn bright to make up for others not being able to see you. I am not a trophy, nor a plaything. I am not a pet, nor a support system.

But above all, dear sir, I would like to apologize for not being sorry for any of these things. Because deep down in every woman is a longing to be more then society says they will ‘allow’. There is a longing for things she never knew she wanted " even more, there is a DESERVED longing for things that she has been unconsciously told are not her right to have in a world run by man.

I will take my curly hair, my sexuality, my passions, and my ability and I will flaunt them and use them regardless of if they make me look silly. At the end of the day, man came from a woman. At the end of the day, my fire still burns. And at the end of the day, I will get what I want because women before me fought for my rights and fought for my voice and I’ll be damned if I remain silent because it better suits your world.

© 2014 lovejulez03


Author's Note

lovejulez03
Didn't know what category this goes under.. it's not a poem..not a story.. not for anyone inparticular - just came to me as I was thinking about life. Words many women have said I'm sure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A stoic piece of writing in support of all women and indeed coming from a male perspective, I concur with many of the points raised within !

Purposeful and powerfully penned, splendid and kudos to you for such visionary, written articulation !

Posted 10 Years Ago


lovejulez03

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking time to read it. I really appreciate the kind words :)
Passionate and Graceful!!! This is what I mean. Scream your rage! Give the world you pain and let us find the beauty within, be raw!!! This piece gave me an adrenaline rush in a manner of speaking. This is your forte' ma'am and you're damn good at it. Keep progressing. Great read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


lovejulez03

10 Years Ago

Thank you , that means a lot and I appreciate you reading this :)
Lloyd Frieson-Small

10 Years Ago

Always welcomed..
This is one of most daring & stylish piece of writing, i have to come back to read more of your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


lovejulez03

10 Years Ago

Thank for reading I really appreciate the kind words :)
It's definitely a true and strong statement. Very nice piece. As a man, I salute strong women. I was raised and taught by one. The strongest statement here is that as a man, who are we to judge and make rules on what a woman should be... if that same woman is our creator. Deep and very true. Hope you take this piece and publish it elsewhere. It's something both genders should read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


lovejulez03

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2014
Last Updated on March 9, 2014
Tags: feminism, women, society, equality

Author

lovejulez03
lovejulez03

cedar rapids, IA



About
With all of life's intriguing ups and downs the only constant for me has been writing. It's refreshing and stabilizing. It offers me refuge from myself at times and refuge from others. I hope to publi.. more..

Writing
She Is She Is

A Poem by lovejulez03


I Tried I Tried

A Poem by lovejulez03



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos