Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Brave (part -4)

The Brave (part -4)

A Story by loveless
"

Rene awakens from his unconsciousness

"
Smack. I was surprised by a slap on my face from that little Kyle. That kid is stronger than he looks, much stronger than anyone else who have same age as his. I must give him praise for that. It even feels a little burning sensation on the right cheek of mine. My hands were still holding his shoulders. The smile on my face was changed into an expression of surprise. I raised my eyes again to look at him which were down before due to happiness of my successful plan, that euphoria moment when those 'feel good' neurotransmitters start to flow in your brain.

I saw something different. Something that was no longer before in those looks of the kid's. I laid my eyes upon him as I tried to figure out what's different. It took me some time but I got it. His eyes had changed. They no longer reflected fear. They were no longer trembling. They were angry. They were burning from within. At least he is no longer frightened now.

"What?" I asked him as my right hand smothered my cheek and my left hand drawn back near me.

"Why did you hurt Rene so much?" those were the first words I had heard from his mouth. He have funny voice, it had some low pitched accent. I barely managed to prevent my laughter from escaping.

"I didn't hurt him. He knew my plan all along."

"Then why is he laying on ground still?"

"He is just acting. He will just get up now and boo you."

"Boo you?" he asked. I must have said it too quick or he just don't know. I don't know why I said that either. Maybe something from my subconscious. Another thing I learnt about myself.

"I mean he will surprise you and will try to frighten you."

He didn't responded. Instead he went towards the head of his. He sat there and put Rene's head in his lap making gestures of waking him up from his little slumber. I looked them closely. I realized Rene was still bleeding from his mouth and his bruises were bad. Did I beat him too much.

"Get up Rene." I said. For how much time is he going to lay in the ground. He didn't even moved. 'What the hell' I thought in my mind. Maybe he is trying to frighten me too.

"Rene, I'm not getting in any of your jokes. Get up already." I didn't even saw a slight bulge of his moments. Either he is a good actor or he is seriously injured or he is already dead. First option is best, second is ok but third is frightening me.

I moved forward and sat on my knees. I touched his soft fur on his chest, I had never realized in all the fight that his fur is this soft. I felt his heart beat. Stronger in force than a human, enough to cause strong vibration feeling on my hand but the rate of heart beat was low, possibly around twenty per minute. At least he is alive. I moved a little bit upwards to check his breath. A second check is best no matter whatever state someone is in. He was still breathing, deep breaths. He was just unconscious.

"Kyle... Save... Kyle... No... Hurt... Kyle..." Rene mumbled. I was fascinated. Even in his unconscious state he was determined to protect that little kid. Kyle gave me another angry look, meanness dripping from his expressions. I couple hear his eyes say 'how dare you hurt my friend'.

"What!?" I could only say that. "It was all a part of plan, Rene knew about it, stop looking at me like that" but he didn't did as I told him and continued to stare at me like that. Rene really needed some medical attention then. I got a hold of his hand, put them on my shoulders and turned. I was going to carry him on my back to the little house of Kyle

"What are you doing?" Kyle asked me in firm voice. At that moment he was ready to stab me if I done anything wrong. I felt proud of myself. I am really a good teacher, though my teaching style is extreme and most won't like me.

"Taking him back to the house. He can't keep lying there till he gets up." I replied while tugging him on my back.

"You go and get won bandages and painkillers. Can you being them?"

He nodded his head in a yes and ran in the woods. I put Rene on the same bed where I was laying this very morning. The day had got hot by now or I was just tired a little, most probably both are true. Kyle brought some bandages and painkiller. Knowing Rene got heal by himself from the bullets he had faced in a day, he would get alright by tonight or if I beat the crap out of him, it might take full day. No need to be hospitalised and more we can't take a chance by taking a werewolf to a hospital. His identity shall be a secret.

I put bandaged on him on where I thought he got hurt which include his whole chest, the head part, right leg and the elbow of right hand. A living mummy of a werewolf he would have become if i had put more bandages on him. He was still unconscious but I still administered him painkillers through intra veinous route. I don't know if it was right thing to do but he was in too much pain, his facial expressions said it all

In the afternoon, Kyle brought food for us both. I don't know how he managed that but food was really delicious. I guess he must have brought it from his real home. He didn't said any word to me when he gave me food, I Could see he was still concerned about Rene.

"He will be alright, don't worry." he just nodded to me, again. I just hoped he would forgive me for my actions.

I spent most of my time there adoring the beauty of that little beach, swimming, making sand castles, yeah that's childish but I just felt like making it, I think that's called exploring yourself, and the castle was really amazing, I am an artist, a little of practice on my fighting skills, and many other things. Kyle spent all his time looking after Rene. He didn't even came out of the little cottage for most time.

At evening, I was totally spent. I went back inside. As I entered, Kyle came towards me.

"Leo." he said. This time his voice was soft and little compassionate. At that moment, in my heart, I knew he had forgiven me for hurting Kyle.

"Yeah"

"Thank you." he said with a smile, cute enough to melt the stars.

"No problem." I responded and sat near him.

We had a chat for some time. He was easy to talk to. He told me about how he got so fearful. He was always being protected by his parents. He was their only kid and they were over protective of him and this over protectiveness developed into fear. He started to even get afraid of a puppy or a little worm or something else. Over the next few months it developed more severe he started to get afraid of people too and its only today he had realized it now how frightful he behaved. He also told me how he found out Rene bleeding and he taking Rene to this little house he built by himself over the months and then they both becoming friends. He was curious kid. He wanted to know everything about me too as our conversation kept on and I had to tell him everything. He felt sorry for me but he said he was sure I'm gonna get a lot of information about myself from Rene. I hoped he was true. I could feel our friendship grow over the hours we spent chatting with each other. Never I felt like he was a kid and I'm almost adult. He was a great boy.

I saw a moment. It was Rene. He just showed a little moment. Suddenly, I saw his chest shrinking. It was followed by the other parts of his body shrinking. The hair, deep blue, were reducing in size, and soon were down to none. The color of whole body shifted from deep blue till it fainted towards green and finally it was original skin. The muscles he had developed during his transformation were gone, his eyes back to normal state, same thing simultaneously happened to his nose teeth too and finally the pointy hair he had on his head stayed intact. He was back to normal form. I don't know if human form is his special from and werewolf form is his normal from. Anyway his apparent normal from was back and I had a feeling he was getting up any moment now.

"Kyle!" he exclaimed and jerked awake from his sleep or post unconscious state and sat on bed like he had seen a nightmare. He looked around and finally saw me and Kyle near each other.

"Kyle, get away from him." he shouted while taking his hand out from the blanket he had upon him and making a gesture of making him go away from me from his semi lucid hands, clearly showing effect of energy-less state he was in.

We both looked at each other and were completely stunned by his request. The battle was over and so was the acting. I didn't knew why he was still acting. Kyle moved towards him as I still gazed upon him for this bitter behaviour of his.

"Stop the act now Rene. The plan has worked. It's over." I said but he was still looking into my eyes with that 'anger look', similar to the 'mean look' that Kyle had a little while ago but mixed with the desire to fight.

"Plan!? What kind of plan?" his voice has original sense of surprise. He must be given an award for acting. No not just single but hundred.

"The plan of helping out Kyle." I said. By this time Kyle had already reached Rene and was supporting him stay sitting and resting. He wasn't completely healed.

"I remember I asked you to help Kyle but I remember I ever made a so called plan of beating the crap out of me, almost killing me a while you threat Kyle for his life." this time I was afraid he didn't ever knew about this plan of mine. Was his blinking of eye just a coincidence. But what about he behaving so weak. Some questions shall be answered. He wasn't standing from his spot. He knew he was too weak and if he dated to fight me, he knew the consequence. I'm lucky, I don't have to beat him again.

"Well I made this plan myself but..." he didn't let me even finish.

"But what? What the hell do you want from us?"

"I want noth..." he didn't let me finish again

"Who are you anyway? The leo I know won't do anything like that ever. He won't even think of hurting anyone. Are you an imposter? Who are you?" he stabbed my heart with that question. That was the answer I had come to seek here. It hurts bad when someone asks you who you are and you are in a trance state knowing you even don't know who you are. I looked back at him again breaking free from that state as quick as I could, which I think took three seconds. He was looking as fierce. I'm his eyes was anger. He wanted to beat me like I did to him, hurt me the way I hurt him and threaten me the same way.

"I.." I didn't knew where to start from if he really didn't knew what was in mind back then. I had a lot to tell and I didn't expect Rene to be that patient to hear it all while he was still angry at me.

"Just go away..." he said. He was trying to get up. I was correct, his anger couldn't hold on. At that moment, little Kyle came between me and Rene, his back towards me.

"Calm down Rene." he said holding his face in his little hands. Rene looked inside his eyes in as surprising state as I was when I had looked at when I first saw them. He was left breathless, stunned and shocked. I could see the struggle clearly when he was trying to figure out what had changed in Kyle. His eyeballs moved along the outline of his eyes, his little smile, his hands and just everywhere he could.

"What is it?" he asked. He was unable to point that little change.

"What?"

"What is this change in you? What is in those eyes?"

"Try to figure out yourself."

"I can't.. D****t.. Tell me already."

"As Leo says, those are the eye filled with courage, this Kyle is now the brave." he said while putting his hand on his own chest.

Rene's eyes were filled with tears as he finally realized it. He practically crushed Kyle when he pulled juke towards him and hugged him. Kyle smothered his back when he was sobbing on his shoulders. The love between those two, made my eyes cry too. I couldn't let the tear of happiness stay inside and it came out. They were more than just friends. They were brothers, though they were not related, though they don't possess any blood relation, but their heart are related by a bond stronger. At these moments, you realise that love is so beautiful....

© 2016 loveless


Author's Note

loveless
One last chapter left. I had to split becuae it was getting too long for story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: Brave, life, journey, love

Author

loveless
loveless

CA



About
When the war of beasts Brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss Her gift everlasting more..

Writing
The Brave The Brave

A Story by loveless