Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis

A Story by Jenna
"

The workings of the world aren't always fair, and that's not enough for this girl.

"
I just want a little more time with him, that's all.  I don't think it's too much to ask, really.  Seventeen years may seem as a long while to you, but too many of those have been stolen, overtaken by a person who is not my best friend.   This disease got the best of him, now he's finally back to where he used to be, and you're trying to take it all away once more? I always thought you were fair and just, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Losing my faith wasn't part of the plan, none of this was part of my plan in life.  Jeremy and I are supposed to grow up together, from birth to adulthood to the end-- that has always been our plan.  You can't just make him skip to the end, it's too soon, he hasn't gotten to see it all, have it all.  We haven't gotten to share everything we wanted to.
I want to be a bridesmaid at his wedding.  I want him there when I finally settle down in ten years, I want him to the godfather of my first child, I want so much from him.  Don't think that taking him away from this world is a simple act that will go unnoticed, because you aren't just snatching away his life, you're also snatching away a vital part of mine.
It's mean.  It's just rude, and mean, and selfish.  That's right, I'm calling you selfish, do you hear me? I know that he's a wonderful being, I know that he is, but you can't just have him all for yourself.  Down here he brings happiness to so many people, he brightens countless days and makes too many smiles spread.  Jeremy is practically perfect-- but you flawed him.  You took a pure soul and blackened it, tried to break him and bring him down.  I won't let you take what's rightfully mine.  You can't have him, he's already been claimed for down here.  
I have never been one to pray or go to church, but I always had faith in you.  I always believed you were up there, looking after me and those who surround me.  I don't want to question everything I know, I don't want to have to do that... but I'm confused.  I am so desperately confused on what is happening and how to solve it all.  Fate is supposed to exist, right?  Everything in the world that happens, it happens for a reason, some reason that you are keeping from us but will reveal soon enough, perhaps.  Well, if this is fate, then you sure as hell have a lot of explaining to do, because I don't buy it. 
There is no reason for you to acquire one of my reason's for existence.  You don't need him, Big Guy.  You have plenty of company and acquaintances, but I don't.  I have a Jeremy.  A Jeremy who you have allowed to be exposed to deep pain for three years, to surgeries and probing and radiation.  A Jeremy who you watched fall so hard, and did nothing for.  I have been a better friend to him, I have been there everyday giving him strength and encouragement.  
Let me keep my Jeremy here with me, if you take him I loose both of you.

© 2012 Jenna


Author's Note

Jenna
A fictional rant emerged from my mind, and this was what the result was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on September 29, 2012
Last Updated on September 29, 2012
Tags: cancer, sick, death, God, questioning faith, friendship

Author

Jenna
Jenna

NY



About
Sixteen years into life, and the only thing I'm positive about is my passion for writing. more..

Writing
Bookcomia Bookcomia

A Story by Jenna