On a Pale Horse

On a Pale Horse

A Story by Skye
"

Alyson thought her life was perfect until she meets death and figures out the truth about her fiance.

"

On A Pale Horse                           

 

If I told you what happened, you wouldn’t believe me. I saw death in the flesh and I killed him. For days he was following me, lurking behind me like a shadow of death. They say when death follows you on your last days, and maybe that’s true.  He watched me like a hawk, constantly glancing at his wristwatch as if waiting for my time to be up. When he finally started to get close to me I panicked, I stared into his hollow eyes. His face was a mixture of what everybody knows today as the entity of the reaper and other people’s faces that he has taken on. It was a great horror to stare at him. He looked curiously at me and when he raised his hand to touch me, I pulled out my pocket knife and stabbed him in between the eyes with all my power. When he dropped to the floor, I didn’t need any confirmation to know that Angel of Death had come to his own demise.

The room filled with a foul smelling black smoke and when it dissipated, there was a lady standing in place of the reaper. She was dressed in beautiful gowns and from different angles she looked like 3 women. One young, one middle age and another an old lady.

“I am Fate, it seems you have killed the pale rider, you must take his place now. You are destined to reap what you sow”, she then laughed like it was an inside joke that I wasn’t part of and disappeared with a tap of her cane. I looked around my house, the average looking house with a bland walls and floors. My mundane life has turned into some kind of teenage fantasy book. I thought about my fiancé, Aiden, sitting in his house, wondering what was going on with me, thinking about our wedding and calling his family and making plans. I dropped to my knees on the floor and wept until my eyes were dry and I felt emotionally drained.

                When I went to stand up, pain enveloped my back, and I dropped back down, it began to hurt so badly that I curled into a fetal position and screamed in agony. A crunching sound came about as my bones began to take a different shape. The pain began to fade and when I looked back, in its place, was a pair of beautiful black wings, when I focused on moving them, I could feel them brushing against my back. I rushed to a mirror and stared at myself, my eyes were no longer there but were filled with hollow holes yet I could still see. My whole face was a skull, I stared miserably at the mirror. How could this have happened to me? I needed to see Aiden, now. I ran out the door and started running to his house when a white horse appeared to me, it was covered in a blazing blue fire, I stared at it in awe, it was absolutely beautiful.  It snorted lightly and nudged my arm with his nose. There was a note on his saddle, I grabbed and read it. ‘My Name is Whisper’. The fates had a weird way of messing with me. I jumped on the horse and galloped in the street all the way to Aiden’s house. Looking around, it looked like everybody could not see or hear me. I went straight through every solid thing. When I made it to Aiden’s house, I got off and walked slowly to the beautiful mansion. This could have been all mine, he could have been all mine. I sped up and went straight through his door, running through the house, looking for my soul mate, what I found nearly ripped my heart out. My one and only love, was in my bed with another girl. Anger flooded my mind as I stared at the two of them together.

“You b*****d!” I screamed as my vision turned red. My voice changed to the friendly me to a deep demonic voice, “You will pay for what you did to me! You will pay!” A scythe appeared in my hand and I swung it in a circle and tapped it on the ground. The floor began to shake and waver as tears ran down my hollow face. The girl and my ex-fiancé began to see me and started to beg and cry for me spare them. I heard none of it though and walked toward them, I started toward the girl first, putting my hand through her chest and latching on to what I assumed was her soul and pulled it out. It went straight into my body and her soulless body dropped to the ground. Next I looked at Aiden “I loved you, baby. How could you do this to me?”

“Alyson?” he looked confused and scared as he stared at me.

“That is no longer my name! I am Angel of Death and I would do everything I can to make sure you go to hell even if I have to ride you there myself”, I caressed his face as he trembled and with my other hand, delved deep inside his tainted black heart and pulled it out along with his soul. He screamed in agony as pain flooded him before he dropped to the ground as well. My body absorbed in my body as well.  I tapped my scythe again and the house caught on fire. As I walked out the house, I thought about how you never know who you marry. A bag appeared in front of me, I pulled it open and in it was a mask. I looked in its reflection, on my face was both Aiden’s and the girl’s face. I looked at myself in disgust and pulled the metal mask over my head.  I jumped on Whisper and spoke softly into his ear.

“Take me to Hell, Whisper, I need to drop something off” As I rode on my pale horse into the dark deep bowels of hell to take the one person who I ever loved in my life there.

 

© 2014 Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on August 17, 2014
Last Updated on August 17, 2014
Tags: Death, Reaper, Love

Author

Skye
Skye

About
They call me Skye. I'm an anonymous writer, so they say. I write whatever is on my mind from novels to short stories to clips that roll through my head on a daily basis. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Skye


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Skye